Help finalizing my ADR plan and trip breakdown for Dec.

Star Mom

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!

So this is my first officially trip to WDW with the kids and therfore our first magical vacation together. I have two girls (4/2) both are celebrating their birthdays in December and we thought this would be a great place to enjoy the holidays and ring in their birthdays.

We are staying offsite, on Disney property, but not Disney resort. Due to a convention that my hubby has to attend prior and we are meeting up. The downside is that this vacation was last minute, so I did not get to reserve early for my ADR and also no FP yet, got 3 more days to select the ones we want, and not too sure how lucky we are going to get. Thank God for this site, I was able to coordinate drops for ADR and even scored a CRT!!!!

12/12
Arrive at 8.10am hubby to pick us up and hotel room ready for us to check in.
Brunch at Chef Mickeys at 12.50am (my younger one loves mickeys, so this is a moment) heard bad reviews about the food, but I guess the experience is worth it...thought please?
Dinner at Bongos 5.30pm (one of our fav restaurants)
Watch Epcot fireworks from hotel balcony (we can do this every night)

12/13 MK
Breakfast at 7.45am (plan to be at the park early, by 8.45-9, right before it opens)
Grab a QS lunch or should I do Tony's?
Dinner at 6.50pm CRT ( my older girls moment, she is in princess mode)
Leave the park right after as it is a night of the MMVCP

12/14 AK
Breakfast at Tusker House 8.10am (park only opens at 9am that day) so the though was to finish up breakfast and head to safari before park opens.
Grab QS lunch
Dinner at Sanna 5.50pm

12/15
Day to relax at our hotel
Lunch at Morrimotos 12noon
Nap for the girls at the hotel and leave to enter park by 5.30ish 6pm for MMVCP

12/16 MK
Day to sleep in and relax
Lunch at Beach and Cream 1.30pm
Hang out at DS, photos with Santa etc
Dinner at T REX 5.30pm (girls love dinosaurs, but again, we are not too crazy about the food)
DJ dance party later 7-10pm

2nd option was after lunch, nap and then go for Spirit of Aloha at 5.15, but was not sure if it is worth it and if my kids would sit for 2 hours. What about the food? The reviews are def not convincing.

3rd alternate plan was after TREX, head back to hotel to Nap and then head to Narcoossee's at 9.05pm for desert only, watch electric pageant and wishes. But the girls would be asleep!!!

12/17
Pirates Adventure at GF for my older pirate 9.30-11.30
Breakfast for hubby, baby and myself at GF cafe 9.45am
Hang out at the resort...
Lunch at DS, either Morimotos or Bongos again, and this is one of our fav resaurents right before we leave for our flight at 4.30pm

Hi Star Mom!

I think your touring plan looks great. Its made my tummy rumble just thinking about it as you are eating at three of my favorite places (Tusker House, Sanaa and Beaches and Cream).

If you are doing CRT then I would give Tony's a miss. An option might be to see if you can get a quick service reservation for Be Our Guest- which might appeal to the princesses as well. Also have you considered Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for the princesses?

I'm curious why so little time between brunch and dinner on day 1....is it lack of ADR setup?...you'll eat at 1pm and then dinner @ 5:30pm............seems quick to me. Are you planning to visit MK that day? If so......you're not giving yourself a lot of touring time after brunch..........

Thoughts?

Doug :goofy:

12/12
Arrive at 8.10am hubby to pick us up and hotel room ready for us to check in.
Brunch at Chef Mickeys at 12.50am (my younger one loves mickeys, so this is a moment) heard bad reviews about the food, but I guess the experience is worth it...thought please?
Dinner at Bongos 5.30pm (one of our fav restaurants)
Watch Epcot fireworks from hotel balcony (we can do this every night)

Is this a park day? If so, what park?

I am not a fan of Chef Mickey's at any time. As far as resort buffets that have Mickey, I think Cape May is better.

12/13 MK
Breakfast at 7.45am (plan to be at the park early, by 8.45-9, right before it opens)
Grab a QS lunch or should I do Tony's?
Dinner at 6.50pm CRT ( my older girls moment, she is in princess mode)
Leave the park right after as it is a night of the MMVCP

Where is breakfast at 7:45? Keep in mind 12/13 MK is advertised to open at 9 am, which really means it will open at 8:45. Arriving at 8:45 will put you behind hundreds of other guests who have been waiting since 8:25 or so. If you can arrive 20 minutes earlier, you will do much better. Tony's gets alot of mixed reviews and alot of the hate I think it gets is probably unwarranted. It isn't bad, but nothing you can' get at your local Olive Garden. Personally, I would prefer one of the counter service options (Harbor House, waffle sandwich from Sleepy Hollow Refreshments) and save my big appetite for CRT.

12/14 AK
Breakfast at Tusker House 8.10am (park only opens at 9am that day) so the though was to finish up breakfast and head to safari before park opens.
Grab QS lunch
Dinner at Sanna 5.50pm

Again, keep in mind AK is likely to open before 9 am so if you want to be heading to Safari you're going to eat, pay and be out the door 35 minutes after being seated (assuming you get sat exactly at 8:10) and thats pretty unlikely.

I like the choice of locations, but if it were me I would probably eat something quickj/small for breakfast, move Tusker House to an early lunch, and I love the choice of Sanaa for dinner. One thing to remember is that it will be dark at 5:50 pm. I would try to arrive to AK resort before 5 to spend some time outside looking at the animals and such.

@ MissDisneyDora Hi :)
Glad to know that I hit some good yummy spots! Yes I shall def pass on Tony's....I have been trying BOG, but no luck, just eyeing the cancel thread and calling dining all the time. Perhaps closer to my dates, I may get some luck!

As for BBB, my older girl is very picky with anyone ding her hair and does not quite like make up, she would make me take it off 15 mins after application! So I though I would just make both change into princess gowns, hair in a bun with a shiny tiara so they can special at CRT. Also it is at the end of our park day and I don't want to hassle them.

Thanks so much for your input! I truly appreciate it.

@LSUfan4444 Hi:)

12/12 is not a park day, it is the day we arrive, and just a relax day, and family time with Daddy and the girls. I did look at Cape May and I got an availablily on 12/16 at 8.45am, so I guess I would cancel Chef Mickeys for the 12/12...but need to look at some other option for lunch on that day.

12/13
The 7.45 breakfast is at Wave, so you suggest an earlier breakfast to get to the park to beat the crowds?

12/14
So I managed to get an early lunch at Tusker House at 11.55am instead and changed Dinner at Sanaa's to 5pm. You think this is better? So should I keep the 5.50pm and just get there a little early as mentioned. I'm concerned on the travel time from the AK park to the Kidani Village and the busses and delays.

Thanks so much, I truly appreciate your advice, planning and getting it right is a little overwhelming, but I glad to have your help to make this easier. :) thanks again.

I'm curious why so little time between brunch and dinner on day 1....is it lack of ADR setup?...you'll eat at 1pm and then dinner @ 5:30pm............seems quick to me. Are you planning to visit MK that day? If so......you're not giving yourself a lot of touring time after brunch..........

Thoughts?

Doug :goofy:

@dkrauss....

Day 1 is not a park day, we only arrive on that day and don't mind doing something fun during the day, but have an early night as the next day would be an early and full day at MK. Yes I do need some options or suggestions for lunch and dinner on that night, since I just might cancel Chef Mickeys and do Cape May instead on 12/16

Thanks for your help!

The 7.45 breakfast is at Wave, so you suggest an earlier breakfast to get to the park to beat the crowds?

In terms of smallest crowds, earlier is better. It's a delicate balance between getting enough sleep and beating the crowds. You mentioned you will be watching Illuminations from your balcony the night before so you would be looking at about 10 pm before getting to sleep. If it were me, i would either move the breakfast up about 20 minutes if possible OR just grab something quick inside of Magic Kingdom for breakfast and cancel The Wave.

So I managed to get an early lunch at Tusker House at 11.55am instead and changed Dinner at Sanaa's to 5pm. You think this is better? So should I keep the 5.50pm and just get there a little early as mentioned. I'm concerned on the travel time from the AK park to the Kidani Village and the busses and delays.

Yeah, I would probably keep the dinner ADR at 5:50 but get there about 4:50 or so to see the sunset.

bfsaff50.jpg

bfsaff52.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter