Help for Short Trip: hop to HS in afternoon, is a F! ADR waste of time?

nevergrowup826

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

I am going for a short trip over Halloween and have 3 full 1 half day in the parks (plus 1 for Harry Potter). I have one full + party for MK, the last day (half day) for MK. And my other two days are up in the air, with a desire to do either two half Epcot days or 1 full Epcot day.

I was originally planning on doing AK for a half day evening to see ROL and the night shows. I am pretty much giving up on ROL and do not want to bother with an AK evening if the show is not there. (I Disney every year and will be going back fall 2017 anyway)

So now my new plan is AK (EMH- 8am) for half day and HS for the second half (close at 7, F! at 7:30). I will never plan on missing a F! show as it is one of my favorite things at Disney. I was just able to get a 4:30 pm F! dining package at HBD (which I love).

Since I will only be in HS for half a day this trip (expect to get there around 1, all FP will be booked for HS not AK, and we will not see any HS day shows), am I wasting my little time at a table service dinner or would it be better to just get QS for dinner and wait in line earlier for F!.

I'm asking so early bc I don't want to hold this F! reservation up for anyone else if I don't plan on using it!

If anyone has opinions, let me know! (also if ROL miraculously debuts that will put a huge wrench in my plans and my FP picks!)

Hi all,

I am going for a short trip over Halloween and have 3 full 1 half day in the parks (plus 1 for Harry Potter). I have one full + party for MK, the last day (half day) for MK. And my other two days are up in the air, with a desire to do either two half Epcot days or 1 full Epcot day.

I was originally planning on doing AK for a half day evening to see ROL and the night shows. I am pretty much giving up on ROL and do not want to bother with an AK evening if the show is not there. (I Disney every year and will be going back fall 2017 anyway)

So now my new plan is AK (EMH- 8am) for half day and HS for the second half (close at 7, F! at 7:30). I will never plan on missing a F! show as it is one of my favorite things at Disney. I was just able to get a 4:30 pm F! dining package at HBD (which I love).

Since I will only be in HS for half a day this trip (expect to get there around 1, all FP will be booked for HS not AK, and we will not see any HS day shows), am I wasting my little time at a table service dinner or would it be better to just get QS for dinner and wait in line earlier for F!.

I'm asking so early bc I don't want to hold this F! reservation up for anyone else if I don't plan on using it!

If anyone has opinions, let me know! (also if ROL miraculously debuts that will put a huge wrench in my plans and my FP picks!)

I love the F! ADR. The time spent on the meal typically equals the time+ spent waiting in line for Fantasmic with the masses.
I prefer not to do that with my kids. I guess it would come down to who are you traveling with.

I love the F! ADR. The time spent on the meal typically equals the time+ spent waiting in line for Fantasmic with the masses.
I prefer not to do that with my kids. I guess it would come down to who are you traveling with.

Thanks! No kids here, just me and the BF in our late 20s. That's what I was thinking - same amount of time waiting dinner vs. QS/wait in line. Except I feel like I have never waited or been shut out of Fantasmic (we usually go mid Nov or early Sept), but worry about the crowds nowadays.

How late can you be to get into F! with the fastpass? I don't plan sitting close, I prefer the back of the theatre. Thanks again!

Thanks! No kids here, just me and the BF in our late 20s. That's what I was thinking - same amount of time waiting dinner vs. QS/wait in line. Except I feel like I have never waited or been shut out of Fantasmic (we usually go mid Nov or early Sept), but worry about the crowds nowadays.

How late can you be to get into F! with the fastpass? I don't plan sitting close, I prefer the back of the theatre. Thanks again!
I don't remember the timing of it. We do it every trip and every year we seem to find ourselves at WDW but it's always a window time. I think I remember it being a cut off of 6:40 for a 7:00pm show. I could be wrong. I just like being able to walk in, no wait. Grab my beer and popcorn and sit. We sit in the back row as well. With 3 kids, we high tail it out of there as fast we can :)

Have fun!!! I never miss the show. It's my fav right behind FOTLK

the other night I was the last one that walked in about 3 minutes late to the fast pass window. standby was let loose by the time I made it to where they wait.

the other night I was the last one that walked in about 3 minutes late to the fast pass window. standby was let loose by the time I made it to where they wait.

Do they ever turn away FP or dining package holders if you get there before the show starts?

Do they ever turn away FP or dining package holders if you get there before the show starts?

not sure but the way the fill up the place to standing room only there is a point where it's not safe to let anymore in so it must happen.

I made a F! fast pass as my 5th FP+ a couple of weeks ago. It was after we had done most of everything else and about 2 hours before the show. Walked right in. I thought it was a good use of FP+ as my last one of the day.

From what I've heard, no. However, while there is a specific section for dining package holders, the same is not true for people with FPs. You could still end up standing if you have FPs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter