HELP! Husband is a picky eater....

It all depends on how it is handled. At the end of my first nights meal I ask if I can have (example) pasta with only butter the next night for my meal. It is written down and the next day when all the food is being grabbed from the kitchen, my pasta is sitting there to be grabbed.

What a great way to handle it! Gives them a chance to change the menu to your particular taste without hitting them at the last minute. You know they appreciate it.

No worries....all is forgiven. :) It is hard with forums sometimes to know people's tone and I know that. I have had an insanely hard last two weeks. We sail in 37 days and my son just broke his hand and my father just underwent a heart cathaterization to see if he was going to have to have open heart surgery before the cruise, which would have forced them to cancel the cruise. I am sure that I was short tempered and overly sensitive and for that, I too, apologize.
That's a lot to deal with heading in to what should be an amazing vacation. Hope you can still make the best of it.
This whole thread is very interesting to me. The dynamic of people and their responses. Seems easy to judge from afar. This world is made of many different people. And as we say in our house, "just because it isn't how you would do it, that doesn't make it wrong".
I hope that you enjoy your cruise, and please let us know how it works out.

My issue is slightly different in that I have food allergies. Our last few cruises, the waiter has brought me the next night's menu when they brought the soup/salad/app for the current night. They let me choose what I wanted and they made it within the guidelines of what I could eat.

There are two menus to choose from, the adult menu and the children's menu. The adult menu always has the option of just the plain steak or plain chicken breast, accompanied with potatoes and vegetables. Very basic meal. I know that there is one menu that does offer a turkey and dressing entree option, but I'm not sure if it is offered on all of the cruises. He also doesn't have to order all 4 courses if he doesn't want to. I hardly ever do. I just order what I like, and if I try it and don't care for it, I just don't finish it. He can always just have a bowl of ice cream for dessert, or as others have mentioned, a Mickey ice cream bar. If he is still hungry after dinner, then there are always options on the pool deck. Cruising shouldn't just be about the food, anyway.

In the afternoons, you can always take a stroll over to the restaurant where you are scheduled to have dinner in that evening. The menu for that evening's dinner should be posted in a glass box on the wall near the entrance. You can both check it out ahead of time, if you want to.

You can look at the entire weeks menu for each restaurant on the navigator app. My husband liked looking at the menus on the app ahead of time. We often just ordered sorbet every night for dessert which was not on the menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter