HELP!! I am going to Propose

mwodo

Earning My Ears
I have decided to pop the question this November in Disney. She thinks that it will be happening some time next summer or fall. My problem is that I do not know where to do the proposal. I have read many stories and I am just unsure on where to do it. Cindy's breakfast or the fireworks or many some other place in the park. In addition, I am so nervous about the whole thing I do not know if I could actually go through with it without freaking out.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks
:) :p :cool: :bounce: :jester: :smooth: :pinkbounc

:)

Here's an idea: Proposing in front of the Cinderella's Castle during the fireworks after a romantic dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table. You shouldn't be nervous. I'm sure she loves you dearly and will be overcome with joy by your proposal. Good luck and congratulations!.........Oh, by the way, if Piglet203 gives you some ideas on what to do, listen to her. She's my girlfreind and she knows what she's talking about......Mickey76:)

have a special spot in mind.. I would suggest..

take a Breathless Illuminations Cruise (then you have privacy, and oh so romantic).. and you can get some chocolate covered strawberries.. etc.. then pop the question as they start the music and enjoy the show (and the engagement!)

:)
beth

My DH proposed to me at Disney. This is our story:

We were staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort and it was our 1st night there. It was 6:30PM (or there abouts) when we got to the hotel. Because we had just gotten off the plane and were somewhat tired from the busy day/trip down he suggested we drop our stuff off in the room, go to dinner at our hotel’s main restaurant, and take a walk to check out our hotel. We had a great meal and went out for a walk around beaches by our room. At the Caribbean Beach Resort they have wonderful beaches and hammocks for you to lie out on. It was a perfect night.... not a cloud in the sky. He pulled me off the path into the sand and we lay down on a hammock and chatted for a few min about how wonderful this place was and how it really was the happiest place on earth for us. He all the sudden tells me that his stomach is upset and asks me if I had anything for it in my purse (which I had left in the sand 2 steps away from the hammock). I told him that I thought so and got up to look. My back was to him and I was digging in my bag for the tums that I was sure I had packed. He tells me to "never mind, I am sure it will go away, just come back." to which I reply "NO! Honey if your stomach is upset I want you to feel better!" He asked me to come back 2 more times while I had my head buried in my purse trying to find the Tums. At least he says "Jennifer! It is fine, please just come back to the hammock and snuggle with me." I said "FINE, but if you feel bad and can’t sleep tonight then it is your fault." then I turned around and saw my DH on one knee with this beautiful velvet box opened in front of me (actually I almost tripped over him when I turned around he was so close). He asked me if I would make him the happiest man on earth and be his wife. I said yes and we both just cried and hugged and lay on the hammock for hours. We just sat there laughing and talking about how perfect that was and how this was going to be our best trip ever. For the rest of the trip and for the rest of our lives we still/will continue to laugh about it. How funny it was......me arguing about his stomachache and him just trying to get me to turn around.

Whatever you do will be perfect.........no matter where you are or how you do it there is nothing more magical then the happiest place on earth and 2 people in love.

Good Luck

We witnessed a proposal at Victoria and Albert's one evening. It was incredibly sweet. Apparently the gentleman had contacted the staff at V&A and set the whole thing up. If you've never been to V&As, it is the most romantic (and awesome) restaurant I've ever seen or been to. The whole thing was timed to perfection. They had finished their entrees when the harpist started to play, "Someday my Prince will Come" and out walks two servers, one with dessert and something else and the other with a long stemmed rose (which every woman gets at V&As). The gentleman took the rose handed to his future bride, and then got down on one knee and presented what ended up being Cinderella's Glass Slipper with a beautiful engagement ring inside of it. She saw the ring, started to cry, he asked, she said yes, a bottle of champagne on ice was brought out from the kitchen, everyone applauded. It was really neat. They were all dressed up, had lots of pix taken. We saw them out on the balcony of the GF as we were leaving. They ended up finishing their champagne out on the balcony watching The Water Pagent. What romance!!

Laura

Wow..... that's beautiful.

How can you go wrong proposing ANYWHERE in The World?? Mwodo, Your future wife is a lucky lady. Good luck. Keep us posted!

Lots of good luck, mwodo! I'm sure that wherever you choose will be perfect and that your girlfriend will be thrilled! There are so many wonderful and special places to choose from at WDW! Do you or she have a favorite resort, restaurant, park, or attraction? Maybe you could incorporate one of your favorites from past trips into your proposal!

My DF proposed to me at the Polynesian Resort in June! I posted our story on the "Prince Charming......Proposal" thread on this board.

Lots of good luck and happiness to you! :)

Well, honestly I think anywhere in WDW would be wonderful:) BUt I have a couple ideas that I think are very romantic. If you are staying at a resort....maybe try a romantic stroll in teh evening along a lake or stream that is there. I think something a little private would be really romantic...Even if you are at say the MK at night and there are people around...maybe take a stroll away from the crowd so you can be more alone. I personally don't like the idea of it being done in the middle of a parade or fireworks....there is just too much going on at once! THere is also a really romantic boatride at PO-FQ that goes to Downtown Disney at night....it was really romantic when I did it (well, I should say would have been if I was with the right person :) ) But somewhere along those lines would be really really nice. I'm sure anywhere you choose would be great.....good luck to you!

Just returned from WDW and we saw someone propose at Cirque du Soleil. It was during the pre-show. The clowns come out and were fooling around with assorted sizes of boxes - tossing them into the audience and basically goofing off. The one clown left for a minute and came back with a very small box, which he presented to a gentlemen sitting near the aisle. Everyone thought they were just clowning around again, but all of a sudden, this guy stands up and he has a microphone. He turned to the girl he was with and said this beautiful speech about how wonderful their lives had been and how much he loved her and that he wanted everyone to know. He then got down on one knee and asked if she would make him the happiest guy in the place and marry him. Of course the girl said yes and the crowd went wild!!

Sure beats the heck out of my own proposal story at the local pizza joint, but we won't go there! LOL!! :)

My personal preference will always be right in front of the castle as it is "kissed goodnight". I think its just one of those things that makes us girls feel like real princesses because for a brief moment the Castle is ours - and from that point on a special part of it always will be.

Try giftsofalifetime.com
They will put together anything you want from small to elaborate!!!

I just want to say that my soon to be husband popped the question while we were on the College Program in Disney. He took me to Cinderella's Royal Table and I honestly thought it was for my birthday and they do a GREAT job with it all and it was the most amazing night ever!!! Afterwards we went and watched the fireworks which was the icing on the cake. We even got to keep the champagne flutes and I have a glass slipper with our names and the dates

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter