Help in planning out Disneyland days

staskerw

Earning My Ears
Hi - we will be in Anaheim from Sept 26 - Oct 3 (Monday to a Monday). There are 4 adults and 2 children (ages 2 and 4). We are planning on purchasing a 4 day hopper pass and would like some help in planning our time.

These specifically are my questions:
Which days would you choose to go?
Which day should we take advantage of early entry?
We want to have 1 dinner at Blue Bayou - any suggestions for timing or day?
We want to have a brunch at Goofy's Kitchen? (again - timing or best day)
We want to catch the fireworks?
We want to see the parades in both DL and DCA? (and idea how far in advance Disney will put out the schedule)
We are planning of getting to Disney first thing in the am and then leaving for a rest in the afternoon and then coming back for a bit later in the day. We want to get on all the rides (if possible).

Anyone want to guess on how busy the park will be then with the 50th ann crowds?

Thanks everyone - I've sure learned alot from you folks!

Lisa

staskerw said:
Hi - we will be in Anaheim from Sept 26 - Oct 3 (Monday to a Monday). There are 4 adults and 2 children (ages 2 and 4). We are planning on purchasing a 4 day hopper pass and would like some help in planning our time.

These specifically are my questions:
Which days would you choose to go?

Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday
The parks will close early on Tuesday & Wednesday & will be open later on Friday & Saturday - there will be more crowds on the weekends, but you can only do Electrical Light Parade on Fri-Sun, and if Fantasmic is running, then you can only do that on the weekends, too. If there is no Fantasmic, then I would choose: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday. I also expect that fireworks will just be on the weekends, too. During the week, you're looking at DL 10-8pm, & DCA 10-6pm, and weekends DL 9-10pm & DCA 10-8pm -- these are just my guesses

Which day should we take advantage of early entry?
Tuesday or Thursday

We want to have 1 dinner at Blue Bayou - any suggestions for timing or day?
The latest lunch (4pmish). I don't think the day really matters, but you have to have priority seating (714) 781-3463

We want to have a brunch at Goofy's Kitchen? (again - timing or best day)
During the week is best

We want to catch the fireworks?
See these the first night if you can because they are really good and you may want to see them again. From the top of the hub facing the castle is the best spot. I don't know if they will show them during the week

We want to see the parades in both DL and DCA? (and idea how far in advance Disney will put out the schedule)
DLR usually puts out the schedule 2 months ahead of time. Expect the Electrical Light Parade to start 15 minutes before park closing on Fridays - Sundays. Block Party Bash will be shown probably around 4:30 or 5pm for their first stop. Disneyland's Parade of Dreams will most likely show once during the week and twice on the weekend. If the park closes at 8pm, then probably no fireworks.

We are planning of getting to Disney first thing in the am and then leaving for a rest in the afternoon and then coming back for a bit later in the day. We want to get on all the rides (if possible).
Parks will be closing earlier during the week, so you may or may not want to do that.

Anyone want to guess on how busy the park will be then with the 50th ann crowds?
Light to moderate during the week and moderate to heavy on the weekends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter