Help! Is this a legit and safe option for discounted DL tickets?

We aren’t going until December, but it looks like everyone has received gate prices.
To clarify: posts from those who used LMT for their tickets agree that the gate price, not the discount price, was credited when upgrading to APs. NB if a price increase occurred in the interim before upgrading, the price credited was not the new increased price, but the old one at the time of the ticket purchase.
For those who bought tickets from other authorized discount vendors, not everyone received the gate price when upgrading. Many others received the discount price paid and had to pay the full difference when upgrading. It all depends on the price coded into the barcode on the tickets.

Last minute travel club is usually the cheapest. We’ve used them multiple times.
Yes, I agree. Google for a free joining code. I've heard people say they get full ticket price when they upgraded using tickets from LMT club.

When will you go and how many will you need? If you’ll go before the end of August and need three tickets or less, you can save about 50% by getting a friend with an annual pass to get them the day you’re there. I believe that with that deal, park hoppers are only $99. Not sure if you can take advantage of that for more than one day but I haven’t heard that you can’t.

I love LMT but they don't seem to have an option to buy with the maxpass like getaway and some of the others do. Am I just not seeing it or are they only offering tickets without maxpass?

I love LMT but they don't seem to have an option to buy with the maxpass like getaway and some of the others do. Am I just not seeing it or are they only offering tickets without maxpass?

They do not offer tickets with MP at this point. But MP is the same price whether or not you buy each day or in advance so you’re just saving the convenience of not having to buy each day (which is very easy in the DL app). On the other hand, it also means you don’t HAVE to buy MP every day. If you have a partial day in the park it may not be worth it to pay for MP that day anyway.

There is also a nuance about being credited for MP if you plan to upgrade to an AP with MP (short of it is that if you want full credit for MP on an AP upgrade you should buy it with the tickets... but weigh of that’s really worth the savings you might pass up or if you can upgrade early on. Again- there’s no discount on MP itself). but if you’re not doing that I wouldn’t worry about it.

Last minute travel club has the best prices I have found by far (unless you qualify for military tickets). We have used them twice with absolutely no problems. Literally walked up to the turnstiles with the printed tickets from home. Adding maxpass each day is such an easy thing to do . . . we're talking seconds. Plus some days you might not need it for everybody, so to me buying it ahead of time is kind of a waste. Just my opinion. :-)

Thank you pharmama and sgrap! I had planned to buy it first so i didn't have to fiddle with it going in the gates (my niece did it for me the last time we went), but if it really is easy I think I'll try it!

Thank you pharmama and sgrap! I had planned to buy it first so i didn't have to fiddle with it going in the gates (my niece did it for me the last time we went), but if it really is easy I think I'll try it!
You are welcome! I was super skeptical the first time we tried LMT, but after quite a few people on this board shared their positive experiences, I went for it. So glad! Just don't pay the joining fee. Google and you will find a free joining code. You can load your tickets on the app on your phone and then buy Maxpass super easily as soon as you enter.

I'm in a bit of a bind financially due to some last minute bills that crept up on me. I'm looking into possible ways to get discounted park tickets. Has anyone used Get Away Today to buy park tickets? Is there another source you have used without any hiccups you would recommend? I'm afraid to buy discounted tickets not from Disney only for it to end up being a scam once I get there and not be able to get in, or have to put out more money for tickets so I can get in. Thanks so much for the help!

Yes...Get Away Today is a great site for DL tixs...I use them them often for tixs and hotel stays...never had a problem with them...try also TicketsAtWork.com...I might be getting my tixs thru them for next weekend's visit...

Yes...Get Away Today is a great site for DL tixs...I use them them often for tixs and hotel stays...never had a problem with them...try also TicketsAtWork.com...I might be getting my tixs thru them for next weekend's visit...
TicketsAtWork should be fine -- no reports of any problems here. But their affiliate WorkingAdvantage has reports of selling dud tickets. We had a report fairly recently of someone who bought multi-day tickets from them and was refused at the gate (the tickets were already used). The Yelp reviews showed that WorkingAdvantage has a history of selling used tickets.

TicketsAtWork should be fine -- no reports of any problems here. But their affiliate WorkingAdvantage has reports of selling dud tickets. We had a report fairly recently of someone who bought multi-day tickets from them and was refused at the gate (the tickets were already used). The Yelp reviews showed that WorkingAdvantage has a history of selling used tickets.

Yeah...I just use TicketsAtWork for tixs...I'll stay away from WorkingAdvantage.....

We found Last Minute Travel to be the cheapest for our 4 day park passes. Saved 50-60$ per ticket if I remember.

Jumping in here...How far in advance did you buy your tickets and how long did it take to get them?
Thanks!

I'm also curious if anyone has purchased through the Dapper Days group. Is that more or less than LMT? Any advantages of one over the other?
Dapper days was less than LMT. You don’t get a Magic morning with Dapper days. But we’re staying on site for the first time so no issue for us.

For anyone going before the end of September that has access to TicketsatWork, they have a summer special right now. We got out tickets for a great deal on there, even after the taxes. $283 total for a 3 day 1 Park per day with maxpass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter