Help! Looking for rare Disney movie!

bbratzky

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I am a newbie here, and a big fan of Disney, and of animation in general.

Recently, I have been trying to track down a copy of the Disney compilation film "Academy Award Review of Walt Disney Cartoons". It was originally released in 1937/38, and has only been released on home video in Japan, when it was released on laserdisc in the mid-1980s and again around 1990.

I have been able to see bits of it on the internet, but apparently, there are two different versions of the movie: one released in the 1930s, and one released in the 1960s. The original version includes a new title sequence and some voice-over narration. That's the one I'm looking for.

But I haven't been able to find it. All the used laserdiscs I've seen are in the hundreds of dollars range, and I'd rather not have to buy a laserdisc player and end up spending half a grand just to see this one movie (as much as I want to see it)! Especially since I'm not sure which version I'd be getting--the one with the narration or the one without.

So, my question is: is there anybody out there who can fulfill a want or trade? I'd really like to take a peak at this movie--I realize that the movie is actually made up of Disney shorts that have all been released in the on DVD at one time or another. I'm more interested in actually hearing the voice-over and seeing the new credits/titles.

Anybody who can help, I would be extremely extremely thankful! I'm not sure who else to turn to, so I thought Disney collectors are just the right people to contact :)

Thanks for bearing with me, and please reply or private message me if you can help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter