• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HELP!!!! Many ??? on cabins!!!!!

chip64

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone, we have been to WDW and stayed at many of the resorts. We have stayed at just 2 of the moderates over the years and since 97 we have stayed at the Deluxe resorts and have always had a great time. After reading so many great reports on the cabins my wife and I wanted to give them a try for a change and to save a few dollars also! Can anyone tell us what to expect and what they suggest on where exactly we should stay. We alrerady requested the 2500-2700 loops. Is this a good place stay? Also just any advice or suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks, Chip.

We stayed there June 19-26 of this year and had a great time. I was nervous at first because I'm not really the "nature" type. The minute I stepped on the resort grounds I was sold...and hooked. We'll definately go back again. The cabins are incredible...much roomier than photos can show, and very comfortable. We stayed in loop 2300, and it was fine. Close to the bus stop and a couple of minutes walk to the pool. The transportation system works very well once you get the system down...the yellow/orange/purple....outpost/settlement system can be a little intimidating at first, but I always asked where the bus was going before I loaded the family on and the bus drivers are used to being asked!

Make sure you eat breakfast at least once at the Trail's End Buffeteria. We ate there our last morning and it was one of the better buffets I've had in Disney and definately one of the least expensive! (I think adults were $8 or $9 a piece) My kids keep asking for the Disney World doughnuts...they are the best doughnuts I've ever had, hands down!!

Also, Crockett's Tavern has pizza for take out. A great value in Disney terms...I think it was $13 for a large cheese pie. We ordered and brought back to our cabin instead of cooking or eating out that night.

We weren't able to do the campfire this time, as it rained our entire trip and was just too soggy. But I hear it is a lot of fun!

Any other questions, feel free to ask!!

We have stayed in the cabins twice now and I can't imagine staying anywhere else. We just find it so nice to be able to get up in the morning and eat breakfast at our own pace instead of having to all get ready to go before we can eat. We also ate quite a few other meals there. We don't go for gourmet, just easy to fix things like spaghetti, burgers and sandwiches. One day we did use the timer feature on the oven and had a beef roast ready when we got back from Blizzard Beach! The cabins are really pretty well equipped. I took along an electric frypan, a rubber spatula, a long knife and some storage containers as I remembered they didn't have these things last time. We also wanted more drinking glasses so we brought some plastic.

We had a great stay in the cabins over last Christmas. We stayed in the 2200 loop, and that worked well for us. We drove over to the laundry in 2500, but also could have used the one in 1100 loop at the comfort station by walking a short path.

I cooked Christmas dinner in the cabin, used some of the new disposable oven ware. Wish I had brought a cookie sheet in addition to the salt and pepper, bathroom cups, coffee and filters I had learned from the www.wdwig.com site.

Ft W is still one of my families' favorite places in the World.

Marcy, I'm not positive about the "Disney Doughnuts" at trails end, but at Cape May in the Y&B Club resort, they use fresh glazed Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Try a local store in the Krispy Kreme chain and see if it is the same stuff...your kids will love you for it. (Even if they're not the same ones as Trails End, they sure are good...served hot and tasty).
~Tina

Tina, I've heard of Krispy Kreme but never had them...we don't have any stores around here. Just Dunkin Donuts, which don't compare to the "Disney" donughts AT ALL!

Just one more reason to go back to WDW!!!

Marcy;)

Since you're in PA, I thought I would let you know to check www.krispykreme.com, as new stores may pop up for you. Right now there are only stores in the following PA cities:

Scranton
West Mifflin
Cranberry

Hopefully they'll open for you soon.

(Great now I need some of that open 24 hours, served hot and fresh doughnut goodness...OYE!)

Toodles
~Tina

The Giant grocery stores in the Harrisburg PA area have started to carry the Krispy Kreme doughnuts!! They are so yummy:)
PP

FW is our favorite WDW resort. It is so relaxing.

You might want to check the resort tour at www.disneyzone.actusa.net

Not sure where in Pa you are but we live in S Jersey and they have Krispy Kreme in our Acme markets. If you ever get the chance stop by a Krisy Kreme store and get some hot glazed right out of the oven. They are a piece of heaven on earth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter