• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help me choose a hotel: Red Lion vs Fairfield

PigletGurl

<font color=teal>I <font color=magenta>♥ <font col
Through getawaytoday.com there is a $300 difference between the two for our dates, with Fairfield Inn being the more expensive one. Help me decide please!

Haven't stayed at the Red Lion but we really enjoyed the Fairfield. The rooms were nice, beds were comfy. We liked the ice water they had in the lobby (not sure if they still do that), you couldn't fill your own bottle with it but it was nice to have a cool drink when going up to the room. I would say it is our go to off site hotel.

I haven't stayed at the Fairfield but have stayed at The Red Lion a couple of times via Priceline Name Your Price. I wouldn't stay there again if given the option of The Fairfield. The room was small and dark (and not in a good way like the GCH), the lobby was lackluster as was the staff and the hallways leading to our rooms were dingy, with super low ceilings. Also, the lights from the parking lot were very bright and we had trouble falling asleep at night because the curtains didn't block it out very well. Just not at all great.

We really liked the Fairfield, when we've stayed there!

Close, great service, nice rooms!

If you can afford the extra $300.00, I'd go for the Fairfield(my opinion)!:)

Through getawaytoday.com there is a $300 difference between the two for our dates, with Fairfield Inn being the more expensive one. Help me decide please!

Do you have a costco membership. They were cheaper than getaway today for the Fairfield. We booked Fairfield and you also get a premium character dining with it.

I have only stayed at Fairfield. We really liked it and plan on staying there again sometime. I have stayed at other Red Lions, just not that one. The ones I have stayed at have been very nice.

Though I have not stayed either , given the choice I would choose the Fairfield. Close enough to walk easily , restaurants close with Millie's and Mimi's Cafe and it's by Marriott which I enjoy as a hotel chain.

I believe they have a good selection of room types too.

Honestly I would take the Anaheim Inn and Suites over the Red Lion here.Skip the Red Lion there are better choices.Small, dim, far away , etc..

I've never stayed at Red Lion based on this board's recs, but we have stayed at FFI. It's quite nice. We would stay again except we haven't found a low enough price to justify it- it wasn't that nice. :) But given your two options, i would pick FFI. The proximity to the park is great.

FFI in is our go to hotel when we can't stay onsite. I personally wouldn't consider the Red Lion within walking distance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter