Help me choose: BCV or Kidani?

Asc341

Mouseketeer
I'm teetering on a 3-night stay in December, in a studio room in either Beach Club Villas or Kidani. We're not DVC, just paying cash through the Disney website, and have never stayed at these villas (but we have stayed at Y&BC and AKL, and think both are just great).

We're leaning BCV because it's walking distance to 2 parks, and we figured that there might be more things to do at night (restaurants, shops, bars) between Y&BC and Boardwalk. But, we're not sure what's open or what to expect! If anyone has an opinion or answers to our key questions below, I'd really appreciate the help deciding!

Key questions
- Are friendship boats running to Hollywood Studios?
- Are most (or all) restaurants open at Y&BC and Boardwalk, and any idea of what time everything shuts down at night?
- What's the restaurant situation at AKL and Kidani?
- Is Stormalong Bay the same system as always (scan your magic band/room key), or are there more restrictions?

The Friendship boats are starting up again.

Most restaurants that are open are accepting reservations till 8 or 9.

At Beach Club, Cape May is closed. At Boardwalk, ESPN Club and Big River Grill are closed. At AKL, everything is closed.

Stormalong Bay is the same as normal, but with fewer chairs and spaced more apart.

I'd go with BCV. Not really a difficult decision, IMO. The Kidani pool is smallish and I've been reading reports of it quickly filling up due to social distancing. As you note, there's just more to do in the Crescent Lake area, especially with everything (except the pool) shut down at Jambo House.

At AKL Jambo House, everything is closed. But Sanaa restaurant at Kidani Village is open. I believe the pool bar and the gift shop at Kidani also have some food available.

Are most (or all) restaurants open at Y&BC and Boardwalk, and any idea of what time everything shuts down at night?
Yea and just to add to what @Nabas posted above about BC/YC only Cape May and Yachtsman Steakhouse are closed and Hurricane Hanna's has limited service. The other dining options are open.

The closing hours are 9 PM - 10 PM depending on venue. Martha's Vineyard lounge is open until 11 PM at this time we don't know what might change for December.

I would vote for BCV due to location and many more dining options but note the loss of any Savanna Animals to view.

Dave

Due to the current closures at AKL, I would stay at BCV right now. Perhaps you can get your AKL fix by planning a lunch or dinner at Sanaa.

I'm teetering on a 3-night stay in December, in a studio room in either Beach Club Villas or Kidani. We're not DVC, just paying cash through the Disney website, and have never stayed at these villas (but we have stayed at Y&BC and AKL, and think both are just great).

We're leaning BCV because it's walking distance to 2 parks, and we figured that there might be more things to do at night (restaurants, shops, bars) between Y&BC and Boardwalk. But, we're not sure what's open or what to expect! If anyone has an opinion or answers to our key questions below, I'd really appreciate the help deciding!

Key questions
- Are friendship boats running to Hollywood Studios?
- Are most (or all) restaurants open at Y&BC and Boardwalk, and any idea of what time everything shuts down at night?
- What's the restaurant situation at AKL and Kidani?
- Is Stormalong Bay the same system as always (scan your magic band/room key), or are there more restrictions?
Stayed at both...just came back from Kidani...hands down, no questions asked BCV...nothing but Sanaa basically is open at either Kidani or Jambo. We were not fans of how crowded and small Kidani seemed (narrow hallways, tiny gift shop which was only place to fill mug other than pool bar which often had a slow line to get in, pool was crowded as well and you couldn't get to parks for the real opening time via Disney buses.) There would be absolutely no question; we'd choose BC 100 times over.

Swan and Dolphin are open too and have excellent dining. Another vote for yacht club.

The exception would be if you aren’t pool people or plan to spend a lot of time in the room. It’s hard to beat a savanna balcony when youre in the room all day.

One reason I'd choose BCV over Kidani is transportation to the parks. From what I hear, buses are causing some very long delays. With that in mind, at Kidani, you have to take a bus to ALL the parks. At BCV, you don't depend on buses for Epcot or DHS (walking distance).

I love both resorts, but right now I'd go with the BCV due to more amenities being available in the vicinity.

I think you have more options for food/entertainment and access to the parks if you stay at Beach Club. With only Kindani being open, I'd not stay at AKL right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter