Help me choose which hotel........first time at DLP!

Which hotel?!!

• sequoia Lodge

• Newport

• New York

• or DLP Hotel!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Debs Hill

DIS Veteran
I would obviously like to stay at the DLP hotel............but unless lots of people tell me that it's really worth it then I'm not prepared to spend the extra!!! So, I'd like to choose the next best thing, it will be me and my 5 yr old boy, probably for 3 nights in Dec!!! Please help!
Debsx

Out of the hotels listed I've only stayed at the Newport Bay so am not in a position to comment on the others. We liked the Newport and have booked it again for our trip this Summer. I would love to stay at the DLP and hopefully will one day but at the moment our youngest daughter is only 2 and I don't know that she would really appreciate it - hopefully that's one for the future.

Joanne

Hi:wave:
Out of the four you listed I'd say Sequoia Lodge.The whole hotel has a warm cosy feel to it and as you are going in December you will appreciate the lovely open fire in the bar to warm you up after a busy/cold day at the parks.The walk round Lake Disney is very pleasant and you can get to the parks within 10 minutes even with slow-coach kids in tow :rolleyes: and if you can get a room in the main building you may get a good view of the castle etc from your room.Have stayed here with my two boys and they loved it even more than the Cheyenne.
Stayed at Newport Bay some years ago(pre-kids)and whilst it was nice the place seemed huge and it was a bit of a trek to breakfast every morning.
Hotel New York seems to be slightly more adult orientated according to other sources but I haven't stayed there.
Would love to stay at the Disneyland hotel but just can't justify the extra cost for the amount of time we spend at the hotel.
Just my opinion but I hope it helps:)

Go for SL or NPBC. They are great for children and the fireplace at the SL is great in winter.

Greets Renate :wizard:

Hi Debs,

I would say the Sequoia which is a very "cozy" feel to it and I think would be especially nice in colder weather.

Kind of along the same lines as the Wilderness Lodge but not as dramatic / impressive but still a lovely resort :)

Have stayed at all three, SL in the summer and we did think it would be nice inthe winter as it has that sort of 'theming'. Stayed at NY end of Nov and it was lovely but definitely has a 'grown up' feel and theming to it and also used a lot for conferences and when you come down for breakfast in the morning there are hundreds of 'suits' hanging around - not a problem but again adds a more 'grown up feel' to the place. Stayed at NPB Feb this year and it was lovely. Had been warned it would be busy (it was) & there were always queues for breakfast (there weren't!). Also NPB has an official 'photo point' near reception and there was a really good range of characters - Goofy, Pluto, Mr Smee & C Hook. Obviously you can also take your own photos as well - hassle free! Neither of the others had these but we stayed at them 2002 & 2003 so they may have been added. Just to add it's a fab time of year to go. Take lots of tissues as if you're anything like me it'll all make you feel very 'emotional'!!

If you are willing to pay the additional costs, then by all means you should stay at the Disneyland Hotel. I always say to DH when he moans about the cost "you can't put a price on convenience" ;) and this certainly applies to the DLH. With three young children it is so incredibly convenient for the Disneyland Park. It's easy to pop back during the day for a rest. The rooms are very spacious and well-equipped and the hotels facilities are excellent. The pool is a little on the smal side, but we don't use it that often anyway. There is also a children's "club" (not supervised) which our DD enjoys.

In my opinion it really is worth the extra premium. The location is unbeatable, the CMs are excellent and it is beautifully appointed. I just wish they would have roll-away beds so that we didn't need two rooms each time!

:flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter