Help me choose

Which would you choose for a Magic Kingdom only trip?

• 4 nights/3 full days staying at Wilderness Lodge

• 3 nights/2.5 days staying at Grand Floridian

Results are only viewable after voting.

sonofanarchy

DIS Veteran
Which would you do for a Magic Kingdom only trip?

4 nights/3 full days staying at Wilderness Lodge
3 nights/2.5 days staying at Grand Floridian

sonofanarchy said:
I'm almost always like this, but since it's just a MK trip, staying at a monorail resort would be awesome. Just so expensive for an extra night!

This is exactly why I would choose GF. If you were going to other parks besides MK, then I would pick WL. Since you are just going to MK, GF is going to be so much more convenient!!!

Sent from my Galaxy SII

I would only stay at Grand Floridian if that is the resort that you have your heart set on. Otherwise, I would take the longer trip. Especially since it is the time of year with shorter park hours.

That's a tough choice as they are both awesome resorts and we love them both. But with that said, the GF would be more convenient to MK and since that's the only park you will be going to, the GF would be my choice :).

The reason that I would pick the WL over the GF is because taking the monorail back from the MK to GF is a huge pain. It makes three stops, at CR, TTC, and Poly. I have seen the people packed like sardines in there.

The boat from WL to MK is really nice. And the bus only takes 5 minutes, since it is direct and doesn't share with another resort. Unless you have a lot of ADR's at the other monorail restaurants, I would choose the WL.

One of the nice things about WL is that everything is under one roof. You don't have to go outside to walk to get a snack or refill your mug. This is a nice benefit of WL. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the votes all. Decided to take your advice and move to Wilderness Lodge, which is my favorite resort on property. Only reason I was questioning staying there is that I'm staying there in January and thought a different resort would be nice. But, I got an extra night, Courtyard View, and saved myself $100 to boot.

For me I am for quality over quantity and will choose less time for a nicer resort. However, the WL is an absolutely incredible resort and even though it is not a monorail resort like the GF, I still like it better. I say WL and the longer stay. :thumbsup2

While I love everything about the GF, I would opt for the WL option! The resort is gorgeous and while it's considered to be a MK resort, the price is considerably lower than that of a monorail resort. Not to mention, you'll gain an extra day if you go this route and that's an awesome bonus!

I chose WL. Personally, I prefer WL to GF. I like the boat ride to and from MK. Also I like the extra day.

Thanks for the votes all. Decided to take your advice and move to Wilderness Lodge, which is my favorite resort on property. Only reason I was questioning staying there is that I'm staying there in January and thought a different resort would be nice. But, I got an extra night, Courtyard View, and saved myself $100 to boot.

Good choice :thumbsup2. Love WL in January. And enjoy the boat ride. Courtyard views are so nice. We like the inner courtyard.

Just to throw a monkey wrench into the equation - is Contemporary an option at all? Then you could just walk over to MK.

I have stayed at both and would choose WL partly because the Monorail is so unreliable. If you are going to have to go by boat anyway, why not pick the least expensive option? Honestly, WL is a relaxing resort off the beaten path. The boat ride is great and lets out right in front of the entrance to MK. You will love it.

My vote is for WL. We've stayed there 2x and love the boat to MK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter