Help me choose!

biochemgirl

DIS Veteran
Help! I have a first world dilemma....

We are visiting April 26 - 29 and will also attend the OI meetup. We have premier APs. I usually stay at RPR or CBBR if the weather is hot and my son will want to go swimming a lot. I snagged fantastic rates that weekend for both HR and PB! I have to pick one.

My concerns are noise. We definitely prefer a quiet room - don't want to hear music from the pool etc. I'm aso wondering about transportation. Since we will be doing late-night in the parks, I want the quickest experience back to the hotel.

Knowing all that and for the same price, which should I choose, Hard Rock or Portofino Bay?

Thanks

I would pick HR because of location. Granted, we were higher up, but I don't remember much noise in my room from lobby/pool. And we were there in July with a rock concert in the lobby, a real rock concert. But, I like it loud!...but not when I sleep. Take out the usual (wedding, child birth, etc.), and the most enjoyable day of my life!

I’ve only ever stayed at Portofino but I would absolutely recommend it if you like some peace and quiet. Very calming resort after coming back from a busy day at the parks and the rooms tend to be the biggest and nicest on site.

I choose HR if you want the quickest walk back to the resort (5-7 minutes max). PB takes at least 15 minutes. Our rooms at HR were on higher floors, facing the garden, and we didn't hear any noise.

Hi I have stayed at both and would choose PBH over HRH for noise level. They are both great resorts but I found PBH atmosphere a little quieter than HRH. Well the only thing is if there is a storm the boats won't go and you would have to walk or take the bus to PBH. If you stay at HRH you could walk it is closer to the Studios side. Good luck!

Hard because you won’t get both quiet and close lol! PBH is quieter, HRH is close!

Would definitely do PB. We walk to the parks all the time and actually enjoy the walk. Very peaceful and beautiful walk. My son loves the boats though. Also, at PB there is a chance of a patio or balcony room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter