help me chose a resort!!😆

nurseberta

DIS Veteran
looking for a 4 night trip february/march for just my son and I.
trying to chose between resorts/villas that have easy transportation to and from parks

#1 easy transportation to 2 parks, deluxe only as we would like to take advantage of the evening extra hours at both MK and EP
choices are BWI, BLT, Riviera,
#2 is price/ also considering renting points for the first time 😬😁! thoughts?

I would choose Boardwalk. You have skyliner/walking/boat to DHS; walking to Epcot, and things happening along the Boardwalk itself. Although BLT has walkability to MK and you can transfer monorails to get to Epcot, BLT for me is just a big thumbs down. The rooms are in serious need of a refurb (although Boardwalk needs one too) to the point that they have LCD TVs. I refuse to stay there again until they flip those rooms.

Price at BW and BLT will be less than Riviera for sure!

Poly is the natural choice. The DVC Villas are right next to the TTC (Epcot monorail) and, of course, the MK monorail. And, of course, it’s the Poly!

Poly is the natural choice. The DVC Villas are right next to the TTC (Epcot monorail) and, of course, the MK monorail. And, of course, it’s the Poly!
have never stayed at the poly! but if i’m ideally doing 2 nights of EEH, it seems good to have easy access to both MK and EP for end of the night! thanks

Sorry- I thought you were choosing between BLT, BWI and Riviera.

Poly 100% if that's an option! But if choosing the Polynesian I would definitely book a villa. The other buildings may put you dangerously close to massive, loud construction come Feb/March.

We have a trip late January and have checked the usual point rental sites. There is nothing available. They must be snatched up much earlier.

If the original 3, I would definitely choose BW. Walkability to HS and Epcot is amazing. Of course you have boats.

I agree with others. The Epcot resorts like Boardwalk are so convenient, I would definitely go with BWI out of the resorts you mentioned.

Something to consider is that BWI's lobby and rooms are undergoing refurbishment which may last through much of 2023.

Disney does a good job closing off floors so as not to disturb other guests as much. However, you may want to take this one off the list if you don't care to be in a resort undergoing construction.

We were booked at BWV next year but changed resorts because of the refurb even though it might have been largely complete by our stay. Just don't like the rerouting and associated noise. As ever, YMMV.

Poly deluxe suite has 2 bathrooms. If you’re only staying deluxe, I would seriously consider that. Kona cafe menu has sushi and there is Kona to go. Trader Sams (we’ve never been; but hoping to try); Ohana; Easy transport to MK and Epcot.

If staying on the Skyliner - refurb/closed in Jan (easy transport to HS/Epcot) I would definitely look at Riviera. We had it booked for end of Mar2020 on a visa discount (cancelled :( ). Even when staying at AOA we go to Topolinos for dinner and breakfast at least once. The vibe is so chill; staff professional and top notch service. We love le petit for desserts/drinks as well.

Some ADRs are being held back for resort guests only so if that is important you can book accordingly.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_R...s-Disney_s_BoardWalk_Inn-Orlando_Florida.html

How old is your son? Is there a place you've previously stayed before and want to visit again or not visit again?

Are all these available for dates that work for you? Availability has been an issue this year.

I am not sure as I've never rented points, I'm sure the rooms are somewhat booked, but I was hoping to squeak something out even if I have to resort-hop. Last minute trip for just the two of us. As th eonly adult, I can pretty much plan anywhere I want :)
I feel like I could likely get something at Disney springs so I just was thinking if I wanted after hours party vs deluxe extra evening hours, close/easy transport to Epcot and MK may win out over lower price
How old is your son? Is there a place you've previously stayed before and want to visit again or not visit again?
He is 12, we have stayed at swan and dolphin and off-site at Hilton bonnet creek.
Apparently, I want it all!! close proximity, deluxe after-hours, and a decent price. seems doable right ???
LOL

I am not sure as I've never rented points, I'm sure the rooms are somewhat booked, but I was hoping to squeak something out even if I have to resort-hop. Last minute trip for just the two of us. As th eonly adult, I can pretty much plan anywhere I want :)
Check out the resale companies, as they might have a confirmed DVC reservation for sale.

With a 12 year old I would definitely stay at Riviera (vs MK area); unless he will be riding horses at Fort Wilderness.

trying to chose between resorts/villas that have easy transportation to and from parks

#1 easy transportation to 2 parks, deluxe only as we would like to take advantage of the evening extra hours at both MK and EP

If you want to rent DVC, the BWV have the lowest point chart (lowest number of points per night) of the three you mentioned so would likely have the lowest total $ cost (for the same size room, e.g. studio or 1 BR). PS the BLT studios are much smaller than the BWV or Riviera studios.

I agree with suggestion above to look at confirmed reservations available on the various DVC rental sites.

BW is hands down the best location with walkability/boat to Epcot and DHS, the epcot resorts always beat out BLT/MK area since your only advantage is a walk to MK at BLT. If you'll be at MK more than other parks, that's the only way I'd vote BLT. Riviera has the skyliner which is nice, resort is beautiful but I don't love the location. The skyliner is a nice advantage but nothing beats a 5 min walk to Epcot IG and 10 min to DHS.

If you also want another option, check out Swan/Dolphin. While not disney resorts, you do get the benefits of EEH/ETPE and an awesome location.

I'd caution that renting points is fine if you can actually get a room on the dates you want but just be sure you're aware of change/cancellation policy etc. We've looked at renting points too and the deals (at least right now) are not really there anymore, the 3rd party agency involvement is a hurdle since I prefer to book direct and the dates never line up for us. The structure of renting points is way too rigid for us. Also, keep in mind, if you prefer a BWV DVC studio you can still book those direct with disney for cash, you don't have to rent points to stay in a DVC room. We've stayed in the villas before and booked direct with Disney.

We decided against BWI after looking at recent reviews. They don’t have many outlets (you need one for each MB+ apart from devices). Old room; bad WiFi (no video calls?), Small old elevators; little signage (easy to get lost);

If your son is 10 or under beach club or Boardwalk are great choices. Even though the BWV rooms are dated the environment in and around the resort in the afternoon and early evening is great for kids.

If your son is older then he'll be more likely to appreciate what Riviera or Swan/Dolphin have to offer.

Keep in mind though that getting to/from Magic Kingdom is kind of tricky from all those places, as you'd have to use the bus and the busses take a while to wind through all three resorts. If you want east access to/from MK you really should go with a Monorail resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter