Help me! CSR or SSR!

DisneyPrince22

Earning My Ears
My family is taking our first WDW trip together and we’re trying to decide which room to choose! There are four of us, with only 3 beds necessary. Currently, we have two rooms at the Gran Destino Tour booked. We just saw an offer to change to a two bedroom villa at Saratoga for $400 more. Worth it or not?

Last edited:
We love 2 brs at SSR! We didn't think we'd like the resort, but loved it. Even better if you have a car. So easy to get around the world!

2BR Villa? Absolutely. Much, much larger, washer/dryer to help reduce packing needs, full kitchen to store drinks and foods (if you would like to do so), and more beds. But beware, once you stay in the 2BR Villa, you might not want to go back to a regular room again!! Enjoy your trip!

Go for it. 2 bedroom villa is worth it just for the kitchen and laundry. Also, you can walk to DS, giving you a lot of options for food.

SSR is lovely and I've enjoyed all of my stays there.

How many nights are we talking? Are you even going to DS? $400 for only 1-2 nights and I’d skip it, you won’t be in the room long enough to care you have laundry, kitchen and extra space. $400 total for 3+ nights and that’s a different calculation where I would do the upgrade because you’d be spending enough time in the room to make it worth it and you’d actually have time for a meal or something in DS.

ETA- price out the best deal for your current rooms at CSR to make sure a better deal hasn’t come along since you booked so you’re comparing apples to apples, sometimes these Disney upgrades are awesome and sometimes they’re just pulling the wool over people’s eyes.

unpopular opinion here- but we just stayed at SSR last month for the first time and I will never go back there. It is always the last resort in DVC to book and I found out why. Sorry to everyone that loves it- my opinion of course. Maybe it was just bad luck but we moved halfway through our stay to OKW. Have never in 25 years complained about a room so it wasn’t just petty stuff.

unpopular opinion here- but we just stayed at SSR last month for the first time and I will never go back there. It is always the last resort in DVC to book and I found out why. Sorry to everyone that loves it- my opinion of course. Maybe it was just bad luck but we moved halfway through our stay to OKW. Have never in 25 years complained about a room so it wasn’t just petty stuff.
What was the problem?

We really love CSR, especially the GDT. We enjoyed our stay at SSR but it wasn’t as beautiful, in our opinion, as CSR. The 2BR would be tempting, but it would probably depend on what type of trip it was. Chances are we’d stick with CSR.

What was the problem at SSR?

The renovated rooms at SSR are great, and having a 2br is a huge step up from a couple of regular resort rooms. If you are staying for 3 or more nights, I'd say the extra $400 is well worth it.

My family is taking our first WDW trip together and we’re trying to decide which room to choose! There are four of us, with only 3 beds necessary. Currently, we have two rooms at the Gran Destino Tour booked. We just saw an offer to change to a two bedroom villa at Saratoga for $400 more. Worth it or not?
I'd just say, it depends on what type person you are. Are you a person who is going to spend a ton of time at the resort or are you guys going to spend most of your time at the parks. One resort you won't have to walk outside to get to anything. The other will be like a typical Disney motel style hotel where you will have to deal with elements getting back and forth to things at the resorts. One is pretty much located between the 3 parks, not MK. SSR is located by Disney Springs, but not as close to any of the parks. Also the food at the two resorts is totally different. You have 4 restaurants to choose from at the resort and the QS as well as a bakery at CRS. Being park people, we hang out in our rooms long enough to sleep, shower and get dressed. Staying in the tower, there is a short walk to your room after a long day at the parks, which is nice as well. Just a different perspective, we've never stayed at SSR, so I'm not going to disparage it. I'm sure it's very nice, but the buildings seem to be very spread out and that's something we don't care for. Again, just things to think about. Ultimately, I'm sure you will be happy with either one. Add in that $400.00, is $400.00 dollars you could spend elsewhere on your Disney vacation.

Last edited:
I would stay at CSR. It's centrally located which makes the rides to the parks very quick and has great food options. The tower is beautiful with great amenities. You have two rooms and aren't cramming into one room. If you only had one room booked I would say go with SSR for the space but that's not the case.

I will say we aren't Disney Spring fans. I don't dislike it but spending hours shopping and browsing isn't my thing. We did it last trip for the first time in 15 years for about 3 hours so having close and quick access to DS doesn't factor in for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter