• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help me decide: can we make MK in one day or should I add one more?

That is a good switch to add a 2nd day at MK as it has more things to do for kids that age than any other of the parks.

Have a great trip!!

Why not try for a CM dinner? The night of the B-day...:confused3 I'm assuming you going to need a place to eat anyway...Give it a shot...If no ressies are available, then just wait till the day b4 and try again. Typically this is where some times open up, becaue people have to cancel 24 hrs. in advance.

I like that you've added the extra day..It'll surely help you out tremendously.... Have a great trip!:thumbsup2

I thought about that but
1) there's no availability so far (might be fixable by your suggestion)
2) It's more expensive
3) I find my kids eat so little from these dinner menus (think mac n cheese, maybe not even that if it's whole grain) ... I think we'll get more ban out of our buck from a buffet breakfast, because they have so many of the things they do like.

That said, I will re-visit the character dining menus and be prepared in case something opens up.

They are not salute tickets (although I wish I was elegible! It would've saved me so much money). They are just discounted 4-day base tickets, so I can upgrade and/or convert to hopper. But converting to hopper would be more expensive than adding a day, so we're not planning on hopping.
I do agree they will love both Lion King and Nemo shows. It's in our plans at AK.
Just remember to use the ticket 1st b4 upgrading

When they bridge it once it's used, you'll get the real amount, not the discounted amount....At least that's how it is with all other discounted tickets... There's plenty of threads on this..CHESHIRE FIGMENT has a Great one , but I can't find it..Try this:http://www.disboards.com/threads/ticket-upgrade-help.3382701/#post-53118889

Just remember to use the ticket 1st b4 upgrading

When they bridge it once it's used, you'll get the real amount, not the discounted amount....At least that's how it is with all other discounted tickets... There's plenty of threads on this..CHESHIRE FIGMENT has a Great one , but I can't find it..Try this:http://www.disboards.com/threads/ticket-upgrade-help.3382701/#post-53118889
Yes, I've read those threads and that is the plan: upgrade after we get into AK (1st park)

BTW, since now I can only do FP for 4 out of the 5 days until I do the upgrade in-park, which park should I NOT do FP for right now?

Another option is Tusker House character meal. daisy is there and the character spot would be an option for Minnie. The food is great. There is to many choices. I need to stop over planning within a 4 year because I need follow her lead.

Another option is Tusker House character meal. daisy is there and the character spot would be an option for Minnie. The food is great. There is to many choices. I need to stop over planning within a 4 year because I need follow her lead.
I did like the menu at Tusker House. Unfortunately it is in AK, which we are visiting on our first day (Apr 27). That would be a bit too far from her actual Bday, I think.

I now have 2 things to figure out:
-Which say/park to skip for FP+ advance reservations, since I have a 5-day plan with a 4-day base ticket that I will upgrade in the park
-Where/how to get a Birthday cake for DD (maybe Minnie-shaped?)

Honestly, as far as the birthday thing goes, make every day her birthday, Disney will not care from a food standpoint! When you check in tell them that you're celebrating a birthday, they'll give you a birthday button that you can pin onto the diaper bag or something if you don't want to in it on her clothes. Have it noted on any TS meals, at the dinners they will usually bring out a cupcake and sing happy birthday to her. At 1900 Park Faire Cinderella and Prince Charming brought out a cupcake and a signed personalized placemat (She's turning 18 in April and still has that placemat!)

Honestly, as far as the birthday thing goes, make every day her birthday, Disney will not care from a food standpoint! When you check in tell them that you're celebrating a birthday, they'll give you a birthday button that you can pin onto the diaper bag or something if you don't want to in it on her clothes. Have it noted on any TS meals, at the dinners they will usually bring out a cupcake and sing happy birthday to her. At 1900 Park Faire Cinderella and Prince Charming brought out a cupcake and a signed personalized placemat (She's turning 18 in April and still has that placemat!)

Absolutely! I was there this summer during the week of my birthday and we got extra special treatment all week!She'll be able to celebrate her birthday at any meal no matter which day is her actual birthday.

I actually saw they have some cute Minnie-face-shaped tarts at Boardwalk bakery for like $5. It'll do perfect for a tiny birthday "cake" and will avoid having to carry leftovers. I'll just pick one of those up on our way to Cape May.
disney-s-boardwalk-bakery.jpg

Question about parking: can we just park at Cape May and leave our car there the remainder of the day while we are at Epcot?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter