• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help me decide / Make a plan!!

Momager

Mouseketeer
Ok, I feel like I'm being a super doofus with this, so please help a girl out!!!

We get to Disney on 10/23 and we're staying at the Boardwalk - But just for that night. The next morning (10/24) we move over to the Beach Club for the rest of our vacation. Not a huge deal - This is not the doofus part yet LOL

Our first morning (the morning we have to switch hotels), we have 'Ohana breakfast booked at 7:40am. How in the world are we going to do this?! My husband refuses to call an Uber ("I'm not paying for an Uber when they have transportation for free!"), so we will have to... Take a bus to MK, and from there, take the monorail to the Poly? But before that, we have to go check in at the Beach Club.

What time do y'all think we would need to get out of our room to be able to do all of this??? We will have our 14 y/o, 13 y/o and 4 year daughters with us.

My other options, would be to cancel 'Ohana, and do breakfast at Cape May Cafe instead, which would be super convenient since its in the hotel we're moving to. But we already have a dinner booked at Chef Mickeys (pretty much same characters), so we're not really feeling that. Or our other option is to try for Crystal Palace since we're doing MK that day.

What would y'all do??? I really want to keep 'Ohana because my 4 year old really wants to meet the characters, plus none of us have ever been to that restaurant (even though it is just breakfast...). But I'm worried it will make for a bad day because of the hour we would have to get up.
Talk me off the ledge, y'all - I'm over-thinking as usual!! What would you do!?!?!

Do you have to check in at the Beach Club before you go? You could always check in later in the day. But I frankly think that all sounds like too much reliance on Disney transportation to get you there that early. I'd either call an Uber or change my reservation. How about Trattoria al Forno? It's right there and has different characters. Good luck!

Do you have to check in at the Beach Club before you go? You could always check in later in the day. But I frankly think that all sounds like too much reliance on Disney transportation to get you there that early. I'd either call an Uber or change my reservation. How about Trattoria al Forno? It's right there and has different characters. Good luck!

If we checked in later in the day, what would we do with our luggage?
We're already doing Trattoria al Forno later in our trip!

Bell hop services at either resort would hold your luggage.

For instance, I dropped my bags at Contemporary at 8:30 am. but didn't check in until 3:00.

I agree that it sounds like a like of reliance on Disney transportation for an early reservation.

I don't take the bus much at Disney, but wouldn't there be a bus from Boardwalk to the TTC? From there, it's a short walk to the Poly.

You could either leave it at the front desk at Boardwalk for the day and pick it up later. Or they can transfer your luggage to Beach Club for you.

Yes, bell services will move your luggage for you. Just check it with Boardwalk bell services and they'll move it to Beach Club for you.

How about going to Epcot for breakfast at Garden Grill? That's one of our favorite character meals. I just think it would be stressful to try to get to Ohana from the Boardwalk that early in the morning without taking an Uber.

Bell hop services at either resort would hold your luggage.

For instance, I dropped my bags at Contemporary at 8:30 am. but didn't check in until 3:00.

I agree that it sounds like a like of reliance on Disney transportation for an early reservation.

I don't take the bus much at Disney, but wouldn't there be a bus from Boardwalk to the TTC? From there, it's a short walk to the Poly.

Awesome to know we can just give the bellhop our luggage!!

But now I'm thinking to myself.... Why do we HAVE TO have a breakfast reservation??? Thats kinda stupid, right?! I'm thinking an early lunch instead!

Awesome to know we can just give the bellhop our luggage!!

But now I'm thinking to myself.... Why do we HAVE TO have a breakfast reservation??? Thats kinda stupid, right?! I'm thinking an early lunch instead!

That may make your life a lot easier! Or have you tried moving your Ohana reservation to a later time, maybe late morning?

So funny, I don't know why I was so focused that it HAD to be a breakfast! We do have dinner reservations at Coral Reef that night, but not till 7:15. So if we do an early lunch, especially inside MK, I think it will be WAY better. I'll just have to make sure my baby girl gets a meet and greet with Lilo and Stitch somewhere else. I think they're found in AK, right??

So funny, I don't know why I was so focused that it HAD to be a breakfast! We do have dinner reservations at Coral Reef that night, but not till 7:15. So if we do an early lunch, especially inside MK, I think it will be WAY better. I'll just have to make sure my baby girl gets a meet and greet with Lilo and Stitch somewhere else. I think they're found in AK, right??

I'm not sure where else you'll find Lilo and Stitch, but I feel like they're sometimes at MK. Good luck!

Just booked Jungle Navigation Co., Ltd. Skipper Canteen at 11:45 & canceled our 'Ohana.

It will give us the freedom we need in the morning (plus mornings are for touring IMO, that's why I rarely ever book breakfasts), and enough time to get from my daughters first hair cut @ 10:20am at Harmony Barber Shop!

All is right with the world! :worship:8-):P

You can meet Stitch in Tomorrowland, Lilo does not meet with him. They are not at Animal Kingdom.

At that time of the morning, uber or lyft would have been your best bet, and much easier than playing Disney Transportation Roulette. Sometimes we have to accept that time is more valuable than money.

Enjoy Skipper's - it's one of my favorite meals.

Have a fun trip!

I did a split stay between the yacht club and AKL. We dropped out bags off at the Yacht Club bell hop before heading to HS. Once I got the online check in saying out room was ready we headed to AKL and our bags were waiting for us.

I would check-in at Beach Club online or through the app. When you go to the lobby to get the bus to MK, tell the front desk or bell hop desk that you are checking out "today" but checking in at the Beach Club "this afternoon". The CM will pick up your luggage from BoardWalk Inn and transport it to Beach Club for you. This way you can enjoy your breakfast at 'Ohana and don't have to worry about cancelling or changing your plans. The CMs will take care of your luggage and you and your family get to enjoy your day.

I think your decision to have a later reservation in MK is a much better choice. Your original plan was way too much stress for that early in the morning. You can still meet Stitch at MK (without Lilo).

If you are set on Lilo and Stitch I think your DH needs to calculate how long a day that is going to be if you use WDW transportation. Lyft is inexpensive and will get you to the Church on time. That is an early ADR to begin with, add in the stress of clearing the room and moving luggage, and taking the bus to either the MK or TT&C and hoofing it to 'Ohana to check in by 7:30 and I am tired already. I like this breakfast a lot. The characters are fun, and because the food is brought to you, it is more relaxed.

Another fun meal is Garden Grill. I really like a PPO meal there so after breakfast we are already in place for Soarin.

Very good call to cancel the early breakfast reservation. You would have wanted an Uber for sure or you would have likely missed your reservation anyway. And who needs that kind of stress? We’ve had to make those calls and are always glad when we simplify.

Not to be a downer or anything but we did the same thing moving from a one night stay at the Grand Floridian to the Polynesian and our luggage disappeared. In the end a great CM at the Polynesian took care of everything for us.

Okay... I have a couple of thoughts...

1) Check out isn't until 11:00 so you could go have breakfast, then come straight back to the hotel, check out, and you could just walk across from the Boardwalk to the Beach club... everyone rolling their own luggage.... you could ask for a later check out and you might get lucky and have your request granted which will give you more time to get back to hotel...

2) Check your luggage at the hotel, head for breakfast and then pick up later and head over to check in at Beach Club...

3) This suggestion would take some planning and co-operation.. Just pack 1 small roll on size with everyone's stuff all together for 1 night, and the next day... Do not get into your checked luggage....so you only have one bag to repack and everything is simpler... So with this scenario... you would have to be out of the room by like 5:00 am... Either you or DH... goes down to check out, rolling a bag or two with them, once done checking out, he calls and say all done... then the other follow along with the rest of the bags... you can walk across to the Beach Club, and at this time of the morning it won't be crowded at all... Check in and Check your bags at the Beach club, then grab a bus to MK and then a boat or monorail to the Poly.... You can hit the parks after breakfast, and plan a mid-day break ( I strongly suggest this), to go back to the hotel and get your luggage, and get your room set up, relax, pool time, maybe even a nap... to keep everyone from getting fussy... We did this with 2 teenage DD... the trick that worked for me... I would keep telling them and keep reminding them at this is the plan, get up, get dressed, and lets go... no whining about your hair, wanting another outfit, what you put in the bag "is what it is " "you own it"... So in the small roll-on each persons - gets a pair of PJ's whatever that might look like... swimsuit/cover up/ flip flops - if you are going to plan on using the pool at the Boardwalk, 1 outfit for the next day... top, bottom, underclothing, shoes & socks... and whatever type of bag, for toothbrushes, makeup, shampoo etc... by this age ( teenagers) our DD's each had their own cosmetic bag... ( for the flight all the cosmetic bags go in their back-pack or carry on items) for the little one she might more than likely will need a few extras... and having a stroller will certainly help the move... make sure that your day bag for the next day is ready to go the night before... We found that by limiting the teenagers access to the larger luggage that, there's was not all this, changing their mind on what they where going to wear, and taking everything out of the bags, and everything ending up all over..... so not having to deal with all that, and not having to repack a bags or clean everything up and having the day bag ready for the next day is a real time saver... As well I would make an early night of it, so that everyone gets some sleep..

I will say that I would opt for Uber or Lyft to get you from which ever resort to the Poly on time for breakfast, it will be faster, and less stress for everyone... and that early keeping everyone in a good frame of mind is important...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter