• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help me decide my flight ... I'm indecisive

I'm glad you got that sorted. I'm a little confused, though. I thought you had a return flight booked, MCO to BUF? Are you flying from home to CHI-BUF-MCO? Where are you going to park your car or how are you getting home from BUF if you're not leaving from there?

I'm glad you got that sorted. I'm a little confused, though. I thought you had a return flight booked, MCO to BUF? Are you flying from home to CHI-BUF-MCO? Where are you going to park your car or how are you getting home from BUF if you're not leaving from there?
We are flying from Buffalo. Staying overnight in a hotel there and heading to the airport via shuttle. The connection flies to Chicago and then leaves Chicago direct to Orlando. I had already booked the return flight MCO - BUF because the time was good and not too bad of a price considering I'm booking a bit late :)

Have you checked JetBlue? We usually fly out of Buffalo (we stay at my moms in Hamilton the night before and she drives us over) & they have a few good choices for non-stop flights...they’ve also always been on time and super awesome whenever we’ve flown!

We are flying from Buffalo. Staying overnight in a hotel there and heading to the airport via shuttle. The connection flies to Chicago and then leaves Chicago direct to Orlando. I had already booked the return flight MCO - BUF because the time was good and not too bad of a price considering I'm booking a bit late :)
Oh, hah. I got it backwards. That makes sense now. :)

Guess we will see what a connecting flight is all about

As long as you have a decent amount of time between flights, this is really no big deal at all. When you get off the plane, you'll be directed to connecting flights, find your gate, go wait. Virtually no different than your original flight except that you usually don't need to go through security again. Since you're going one US airport to another, there's no need to pick up luggage or go through customs & immigration. Easy peasy. Although we try to avoid connecting flights because of the time delay, it's not always possible especially when flying overseas. It's really quite routine. The main thing is making sure you have at least 90 minutes to 2 hours between flights to account for delays. Trust me - your stress levels would be much higher if you'd tried for the 8:35 pm flight.

Good choice getting the morning flight. I always like to get to the airport 2 hrs before flights. We have driven to Seattle for cheaper flights. It’s a 3 hr drive. I drive down the day before and book a hotel that has airport shuttle with the park & fly rate. Then I’m not leaving my house at 1:00am to drive down, find airport parking, and get shuttle to terminal with zero sleep. Finding a hotel that includes parking for us is the same or less than airport parking, and I start my flight fresh, not a zombie up for 24 hrs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter