• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~Help Me Decide My Lunch on First Day!~

Stormeyes

The Disney Fox
My DBF and I will be getting to Orlando around 10:30 in the morning, in the resort around noon, and will be hitting up the Magic Kingdom as our first park that day at about 1:30, 2:00. At that point, it will be time for lunch, and we'll be getting Quick Service/Counter Service!

DBF already knows he's beelining it to Pecos Bill's for a Pulled Pork Sandwich! Yum!

But I want to try something different. I'm open-minded, but I'm a foodie. I like a little bit more interesting fare than say, a hamburger (although I'm not opposed to them)

My options are a Quick Service, a sizeable snack (but not too sweet), or I can pay OOP but not more than $10. (For something like those chicken and waffle sandwiches)

The only food I absolutely hate is mushrooms.

I've looked at the sweet and spicy chicken and waffle sammie from Sleepy Hollow, and those look BOOM-BANGIN'! But do they actually taste pretty good?

Are there good soups for a snack option?

I had a turkey leg last time I went in 2010, and while I thought they were tasty, I couldn't eat the whole thing and a lot of it went to waste. :worried:

TL:DR I guess, what I'm asking, DIS-ers, what are YOUR favorite quick eats? That is to say, the best tasting ones? I'm willing to go outside the box and find something delicious and unique for my first lunch!

Thanks! I've really enjoyed perusing these boards, learning a lot, giving my input, and I'm totally psyched for my trip! :cloud9: :wizard: Hope you guys have a magical week, and for those applicable, a magical WDW vacation!

I haven't tried one yet, but I've heard good things about the pork shank at Gaston's Tavern. Lunch at Be Our Guest is also CS. You may have a wait, but it shouldn't be more than 30-45 minutes I'm guessing. The castle is super cool, and most folks are reporting liking lunch better than dinner there. DH and I really enjoyed our meal here at the end of June. We waited in line for less than 40 minutes.

You know, I heard good things about BOG Lunch too, but at 2:00, I'll be pretty hungry and probably unwilling to wait 40 minutes for a bite to eat, and I am not sure how late it's open for lunch, anyways. The steak sandwich makes me droooool just reading about it. If I could get one of those Fast Passes for lunch, it might just seal the deal, provided I can make it in time.

And, ah, yes. The pork shank. That is a very delicious option I'd definitely try. If not to go sit in Gaston's chair and catch a glimpse of the master hunter himself and admire his rugged good looks and rippling biceps. Good one! It's on my list! Thanks!

Anyone else want to help me explore my options?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter