Help me decide. Need to change our cruise date.

cariann77

Mouseketeer
My husband's union went on strike and we're not going to make our PIF date. We are booked to sail on a 7-night Eastern Caribbean Merrytime Cruise. I have a couple of options here: 1. I can bump us to a similar cruise in February 7-night Eastern Caribbean or 2. I can downgrade us to a 4-night Merrytime which would be paid in full with extra on the account. Which option would you personally choose? I'm a little nervous about the weather in February but want a chance since the last time that we cruised we did the 4-night Bahamas. We've already bumped once due to school commitments so, I am not really looking to push it any further past February. I really can't make up my mind and was hoping some experienced winter cruisers might be able to weigh in.

When in Feb? We've been in March and the weather was beautiful. But also, if it matters to you, is that a SWDAS cruise?

My husband's union went on strike and we're not going to make our PIF date. We are booked to sail on a 7-night Eastern Caribbean Merrytime Cruise. I have a couple of options here: 1. I can bump us to a similar cruise in February 7-night Eastern Caribbean or 2. I can downgrade us to a 4-night Merrytime which would be paid in full with extra on the account. Which option would you personally choose? I'm a little nervous about the weather in February but want a chance since the last time that we cruised we did the 4-night Bahamas. We've already bumped once due to school commitments so, I am not really looking to push it any further past February. I really can't make up my mind and was hoping some experienced winter cruisers might be able to weigh in.
I'd probably go with the 7 night one, but I prefer the longest cruises I can book.

I'd be nervous about whether the strike will be over in time to pay off that one, however.

The weather in the Caribbean at any time is pretty nice.

When in Feb? We've been in March and the weather was beautiful. But also, if it matters to you, is that a SWDAS cruise?
We're looking at the Feb 8th cruise which is a SWDAS. My husband would be thrilled with it and my girls might enjoy it but it's not a huge deciding factor for us. March would have been ideal for us but the price is considerably higher.

I've done a February cruise and it was lovely. The water was a little chilly at Castway, but the Eastern itinerary is further south, so I'd think you'd be fine.

I'd pick whichever one did not interfere with work or school demands.

We've cruised in February and the weather was beautiful. My preference would be the longer cruise, but I'd also be a little concerned about finances depending on how long the strike lasts. Would it be better to do the shorter cruise that can be paid-in-full with available funds? Then start saving for your next cruise once the strike ends.

Enjoy your cruise!

Longer is better for us, so I vote the 7-night in February as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter