Help me decide - November runDisney stay

belle7708

Mouseketeer
I am running the 5k during the Wine & Dine weekend. Hotel prices seem really high during that time and I can't decide where the best place will be to stay on property. We will be staying Wed or Thurs-Sun and I am trying to decide between:

Port Orleans FQ or Riverside - $199/night
Dolphin - using SPG points for 2 nights, paying out of pocket for one night ~$300
Fort Wilderness - $260/night

I've only stayed at POFQ before (and enjoyed it) and would LOVE to stay at a deluxe but can't justify the $400+ a night price tag for this trip. I'm leaning toward the Dolphin because I would be able to save money using points, but wonder if it would be easier to stay at Port Orleans given the magical express convenience and no extra "amenity" fee. Which would you pick - or do you have any other suggestions? Thanks!!

I'd stay at Port Orleans, given your options. I stayed at POP last year running the Wine & Dine Half. The transportation was convenient. I've never stayed at the Dolphin or Fort Wilderness, so I can't really speak to either of those, but if budget is a concern, I'd save the money for all the neat merchandise!!

I would pick POFQ. Smallest resort of the Disney bunch, and transport at the Fort is a bit complex. Swolphin would be good as well if you are willing to factor in resort fees and airport transport.

I've never stayed at the Swan or Dolphin but I have stayed at POFQ and Pop during race weekends and both were fine in terms of race transportation. I'm doing the Two Course Challenge in November and am booked at Pop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter