• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help me decide please

ksl5f123

DIS Veteran
I am headed to WDW with my 3 daughters for 6 nights in June. The girls are 15, 13, and 2. I am looking at 2 options: 1) all 6 nights in a standard room at POP or 2) 3 nights in a standard view room at CSR followed by 3 nights in a preferred room at AS Sports. The price difference is $38. Moving from one resort to another isn't an issue - we are VERY light packers and have done split stays before. Our day plan is 1) late night arrival 2) AK, 3) HS, 4) rest day, 5) Epcot, 6) MK, 7) early morning flight. AK and HS are 1/2 day parks for us and I thought the older girls might prefer the pool at CSR to that at a value. Epcot and MK are full day parks, so we wouldn't be at the resort very much those days. But, my teen girls don't like the theme at AS Sports at all and they will likely grumble about sharing a double bed. I also thought about 3 nights at POP, 1 night at POR (so the girls could have the good pool on our rest day), and then 2 nights at POP, but that is an extra $115. WWYD?

I think if you have a planned rest day/pool day, it is worth it to stay at a moderate with a nicer pool like CSR. And by June most of the construction should be done at CSR, since the tower opening is for July. But can you reverse the order? Check in first at the AS Sports, then switch to CSR? That way on your "pool day" you can just walk back to your room. Also, I think it's easier to go from the smaller rooms to a bigger room, rather than have a bigger room and then have to go down to a smaller room.

I think if you have a planned rest day/pool day, it is worth it to stay at a moderate with a nicer pool like CSR. And by June most of the construction should be done at CSR, since the tower opening is for July. But can you reverse the order? Check in first at the AS Sports, then switch to CSR? That way on your "pool day" you can just walk back to your room. Also, I think it's easier to go from the smaller rooms to a bigger room, rather than have a bigger room and then have to go down to a smaller room.

I agree. I certainly think you should start with the value and end with CSR. I was pleasantly surprised by how nice CSR was and their pool is an underrated gem!

The biggest thing is going to be the beds, I think. You should ask your daughters what they want to do here. Lay out the pros and cons for each and let them decide - it's their trip!
I've actually stayed at all three of these resorts you're giving serious consideration to, so here's my take:

All six nights at Pop:
-Don't have to switch resorts
-Queen beds the entire time (and the reno'd rooms are very nice)
-Small resort footprint so even if you're in a standard it's never much of a walk to the main hub/buses
However:
-No water slides in pool
-Only the food court
-It's a value resort so it feels like a value resort

Split All-Star Sports/Coronado Springs
-Coronado has a fabulous feature pool with a hot tub and water slide
-Coronado's recent renovations look incredible
-Coronado has really good on-site dining options outside of their food court
-Going from Sports to Coronado would be a fun way to create some extra magic on the trip
However:
-Sports hasn't been renovated, and the rooms at this point (while clean) feel very dated and sort of worn-out.
-Sports only has double beds
-You would have to plan part of your trip around the fact that you're switching resorts

I wouldn’t plan my resorts over one rest day. For all you know, the weather could be miserable or lightening could close down the pool.

I would just stay at Pop. Your older girls could have fun hopping between the Hippy Dippy pool, Computer pool and Bowling pin pool.

Can you start at pop instead of sports then go to CSR? Is that an option?

Thanks for the input. Unfortunately, I can't reverse the stay and do the value first. I am booking with an AP rate and CSR is sold out the 2nd half of the week. I did find a room at ASMu for just a couple dollars more than AS Sports. It is still double beds but the girls like the theme much better. Still thinking ....

Thanks for the input. Unfortunately, I can't reverse the stay and do the value first. I am booking with an AP rate and CSR is sold out the 2nd half of the week. I did find a room at ASMu for just a couple dollars more than AS Sports. It is still double beds but the girls like the theme much better. Still thinking ....
I would do pop the entire time. You get queen beds, the renovated rooms are really nice, and you can walk over to the AoA food court for different options.

While not guaranteed at all, there is also the chance that by then the Gondolas could be open for the POP stay as well. Pop is our favorite value (don't consider AoA suites a value).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter