Help Me Help My Friend

NADINENURSE

Mouseketeer
Have a close work friend with 2 DS 9,10, both with psychiatric disorders (bipolar,depresssion, attempted suicide until diagnosed and put on the right group of medications), one tends to self-abuse when stressed:eek: She and her boys are GREAT PEOPLE. Her kids get along well with my kids, DS 10 and DD 11. I would love, love for them to go on a Disney vacation when we do I have worked with Autistic Adults in my long career and see her kids behavior as nothing new to me Her family has never been to DISNEY :confused: , CAN YOU IMAGINE:confused: !!!! No Dad, but I think I would be able to help with the stressful time, and trade off when a break is needed All the experts out there,do you think a joint vacation would work, it would involve a 2 1/2 hour plane ride, the airport, etc. Would all this be too much stimulation, I have discussed this quickly with her and she is not adverse to the idea. Just needs more information :wave:

Welcome to disABILITIES.
I have a few suggestions. One would be to try a weekend someplace closer by - like maybe stay in a hotel with a pool for a night or two. It would be fun and would help you in planning for a WDW trip.
Then, for when you go, choose one of the slower times (don't want to set yourselves up for stress).
WDW for Kids, by Kids book would be great for the kids to read and discuss together what their individual "really don't want to miss" things are.
Cell phones or radios for the adults in case you do need to split up.
Stay on site if you can (makes it easier in case someone finds the parks just too stimulating/stressful and has to go back to the resort).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter