Help me pick a hotel for our 5 year wedding anniversary

Best hotel for 5 year wedding anniversary?

• Grand Californian

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Disneyland Hotel

Votes: 20 55.6%
  • Paradise Pier (Theme Park, Club level)

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Courtyard Anaheim Theme Park

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters

Ldat7

Earning My Ears
Our 5 year wedding anniversary is coming up at the tail end of August, and DH and I want to celebrate at DLR. We are seasoned visitors, normally staying at GCH or offsite across the street on Harbor (usually BWPPI). While BWPPI suits our needs for last minute trips, I wanted to go somewhere sort of special for our anniversary. We love GCH, but part of me wants to experience something new. I was looking at the Disneyland Hotel since we've never been and I love the idea of popping into Steakhouse 55 and/or Trader Sam's at a whim. I don't love the bathtub shower combination and the sink inside the bathroom, but this isn't really a deal breaker for us. While browsing DLH prices, I noticed that PPH theme park view club level was about the same price as a DLH standard room. I've stayed at PPH back when I was in college, and wasn't too impressed, but the theme park views are inciting (along with club level food perks). Another option is to stay at the new Courtyard, which is significantly cheaper than all onsite options (while still a newer, nice property). We would also have a confirmed King bed, which is especially nice.

I just can't decide! There seems to be pros and cons to each choice. Any insights would be helpful.

We own at VGC, but we also really love the DLH!:lovestruc The E-ticket club at DLH is our favorite club level room and worth the splurge every once in a while. That being said, I’m not sure what the construction proceedings for the new resort/DTD will look like in August. Knowing Disney, I’m sure they’ll make the best of it for visitors, but it’s something to consider for stays at both DLH and PP. Happy Anniversary and good luck deciding!

I vote DLH. The Courtyard is really nice but it is very family oriented. I just don’t think of it as a place to celebrate an anniversary. Lots of little kids.
The DLH is a fun place to stay. Lots of Disney nostalgia and Steakhouse 55 and Trader Sams

If you are looking for a change then I vote DLH - as I'd pick the Grand for an anniversary myself, but you've been there and done that.

I would not pick the Courtyard - on our walk past it from the HOJO last trip our kids (13 and 12 at the time) thought the pool area was over run with small kids and they had no interest in staying there. They avoid the pirates area of Hojo for the same reason. I think you'd have a much more relaxing time on site as that time of year you'll want a good pool experience.

If you are looking for a change then I vote DLH - as I'd pick the Grand for an anniversary myself, but you've been there and done that.

I would not pick the Courtyard - on our walk past it from the HOJO last trip our kids (13 and 12 at the time) thought the pool area was over run with small kids and they had no interest in staying there. They avoid the pirates area of Hojo for the same reason. I think you'd have a much more relaxing time on site as that time of year you'll want a good pool experience.
Agree...if you plan on using the pool or hot tub at all don’t stay at the Courtyard.

I voted for DLH.....me...I love GCH, but you're looking for something different...DLH is lots of fun! and YES, Steakhouse 55 is right there! (and their 24 layer chocolate cake!)

Disneyland Hotel! We have stayed there and Grand Californian for different anniversaries and personally I prefer Disneyland Hotel. I love the magic of that hotel and you can't beat firework headboards.

Try the Anaheim Marriott Hotel in a concierge room. Superior beautiful room with a medium price point.

Happy Anniversary!:rose:

I am a GHC Superfan...but have to agree, DLH fro this trip if you have not stayed there before and budget allows. The rooms are much more Disneyfied than the GCH and it is a great property.

The PPH Park views have hands down the best view of all the properties IMO. Going to bed with the curtains open and Cars Land and Mickey's Fun Wheel lit up all night is kinda awesome.

The Courtyard is the nicest off site walkable property IMO...but for a special trip it is really nothing special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter