Help me pick a park for Arrival Day

LMO429

DIS Veteran
Tryng to decide what park to do our first day of arrival. Our flight lands very early. I don't want to go crazy at a park just somewhere to go while are room is not ready. Which park would you pick based on plan below. 2 adults 1 toddler 2 years old. We planned a long trip because we are not in a major rush to do anything some park every day and then pool. Just can't figure out if we should do AK so my husband and I can do FOP on our arrival day...or another park not hollywood studios one day is enough having a hard time even picking 3 fastpass choices for that. staying at Wilderness lodge and will have a car. How many days are people doing Ak now with pandora is 3 half days too much there????

Friday arrival day???????????

Saturday Hollywood Studios

Sunday Magic Kingdom/Downtown Disney for Dinner

Monday Epcot

Tuesday Magic Kingdom

Wednesday AK later in the afternoon to see pandora at night

Thursday MK

Friday AK Day

Saturday MK

We normally arrive around 2 and depending on whether our room is ready or not, either go to our room and drop off our bags or leave them in the car or at bell services then go to the bus stop. We do bus roulette our first day. We just hop on the first bus to arrive, we make FPs while on the bus or just wander around the park, get something to eat and just relax, riding rides that don't have too long of a wait. We are very relaxed Disney goers, we rarely make FPs in advance since we rarely know where we are going the next day much less 30 or 60 days out. Since you already have your tentative schedule, that might work for you.

I would do MK on the first day as this will defently get you into the Disney Feel. As you have smaller children maybe do the train ride, pooh, or some other ride suited for your children. May swap sunday with friday, as sunday is usually has more crowds than during the week.

We always do Hollywood Studios for a few reasons. One it's a relatively small park, and so much can be done in a half day. Two, my kids like to ride Rockin Rollercoaster first... it's tradition.

We also tend to visit the Studios on our first afternoon. We can usually get FPs for the headliners we want to ride and for the ones we don't ride, we go back and finish them on another day. However, we can usually knock out most of the park on that first afternoon.

Tryng to decide what park to do our first day of arrival. Our flight lands very early. I don't want to go crazy at a park just somewhere to go while are room is not ready. Which park would you pick based on plan below. 2 adults 1 toddler 2 years old. We planned a long trip because we are not in a major rush to do anything some park every day and then pool. Just can't figure out if we should do AK so my husband and I can do FOP on our arrival day...or another park not hollywood studios one day is enough having a hard time even picking 3 fastpass choices for that. staying at Wilderness lodge and will have a car. How many days are people doing Ak now with pandora is 3 half days too much there????

Friday arrival day???????????

Saturday Hollywood Studios

Sunday Magic Kingdom/Downtown Disney for Dinner

Monday Epcot

Tuesday Magic Kingdom

Wednesday AK later in the afternoon to see pandora at night

Thursday MK

Friday AK Day

Saturday MK

I always start and end with MK :lovestruc

I would either spend time enjoying the resort and pool (especially since you don't have any resort days planned), or go to Epcot and leisurely wander around WS.

I would pick Epcot, especially if you and DH want to ride all the tier 1 FP rides. MK wouldn't be a bad choice either since it's close to your Resort and there is lots for your 2 year old to do. We are taking a trip in November with our 2 year old and can't wait to experience everything with him.

I think people are reporting not being able to get FP+ for FOP on the first few days of their vacation when booking at 60 days out, so that option isn't really feasible.

My tradition is to start at Epcot, partly because my trips begin on Tuesday and that tends to be a night EMH at Epcot. Makes for a long day, but I can see Illuminations on my first night and enjoy the WS at my leisure. I like the night vibe of Epcot.

We always begin and end at MK if we can, but since you only have one Epcot day, that's where I would start. The rest of your lineup looks good. You could always go the AK and do the stand-by line for FOP. I wasn't able to get a FP for that either for our trip in September. Wherever you go, I hope you have a magical time!

Since MK is 10 minutes away by boat from your resort, I would leave bags at WL, hop onto the boat to MK, then an easy return to WL when the room is ready. Staying that close to MK I would get hoppers as well. Very easy to head on over to MK early or finish there late, being so close to the resort. Then you can hop to wherever you wish or even use express bus transportation.

With that many days, nice to have flexibility with hoppers as well. Once you have complete your first 3 fastpasses, if there are fastpasses available for E rides at another park you can head over there. We recently visited 3 parks/day with hoppers and express transportation while staying at Wilderness Lodge.

I would go to MK and then switch one of your later MK days with an EP day, so you have some more time there. After traveling, we go to whichever park is closest to our resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter