Help me pick a resort?

Oliviaxxx

Mouseketeer
Hi all. My mom and I are looking to head to Disney in early May. We went for the first time in October of 2018. Someone we know was gracious enough to give us their DVC points and we stayed at OKW and Saratoga Springs in a split stay. We want to head back to Disney but we are on a budget. We understand that where we stayed were deluxe resorts and that these are budget options. We mostly just use the room to sleep and to get ready. We don't really hang around the resort.

We originally were going to book Pop Century. For $50 less dollars a night we can stay at either All Star Movies, All Star Music, or All Star Sports.

Is Pop century worth the extra $50 a night?

If you were to pick from the 3 All Star resorts, which one would you pick?

Thanks!

I would go with Pop. I would never pick any of the All Stars Resorts.

It’s tough to justify given what you laid out as your plan, but some some people just plain love POP. Some of the most compelling knocks on the All-Star resorts (bad buses, worse food courts) are no longer true (they substantially improved the buses over the last 5 years, and made the other value food courts as plain as the All Star ones)

All Star Movies is just finishing a refurbishment right now and, like POP, now has queen beds instead of doubles. The rooms are more or less identical between Movies and Pop. It also really has no bad rooms because the rooms furthest from the lobby are really close to All Star Music’s lobby.

The only value we've stayed at was ASMu and we loved it. Loved it way better that SSR!

I’ve stayed at the Allstars a few times and enjoyed it, but once I tried Pop, I didn’t want to go back. So for me, an extra $50per night would be worth it.

The all stars are not bad really just like a motel 6 for three times the price.
We like movies they are all ( on the last building now) been remodeled. So they have a queen bed and a murphy bed.
All three all star resorts are together, bus is your only transport. We just sleep so i dont pay extra for a room im not in.
You can you tube any resort and find room video reviews

When on a budget, I can easily say 'I'd rather free up $50 a day to buy us lunch & a snack.' But, my priorities might be different than others. I make multiple trips a year, where someone else might make one every 5 years, so I can't/don't blow wads every trip, but do usually have 'splurges' sprinkled thru every trip. Sometimes its on the room, usually its not.

That's why every trip & group's situation is different & you have to ask yourself some hard questions about where you want your money to go. That's why its never an easy, one size fits all answer. Usually if you stay true to yourself then you won't be disappointed because you know why you made the choices you did. But, its just that...your choices.

That’s a hard one for me. The new rooms at movies are almost exactly like pop but at pop you would get the skyliner. If you plan to go to Epcot and HS a lot, pop might be better so you can take the skyliner. If the skyliner isn’t a big deal to you, I’d save the $50/night and stay at movies

I really like all star movies. I would wait a few more weeks to decide and see what people say about the skyliner when it opens at the end of the month. There are still enough unknowns that it could either be a great addition or it could be meh and not worth the extra $50.

I like DIsney modes of transportation so I would book Pop. HOw do you feel about having the Skyliner at your door, and would that be worth $50 per night?

Frankly, I think you should look at your budget and decide how you want to divide it. If money is tight keep what you have and use the funds while you are on vacation, because there is not much worse than buyers remorse when you travel. If you have a wiggle room in your budget and you think you will enjoy Pop more, make the change.

Keep in mind that there is a difference between a value and a DVC resort, but IMO, while OKW is lovely and has some pretty sweet amenities, it is a far cry from a "DIsney" resort. There's something to be said for walking out of your room, traipsing to the food court for early morning coffee and breakfast and watching the World go by, and I would choosse that every time. You can do this at Pop and the All Stars.

I would stay at Movies and save the $50. But I am a bit stubborn. Everywhere they have the Skyliner prices have gone up. So you are essentially paying extra for transportation. Enough is enough already.

I think it depends on what is most important to you and your style of travel.

I want the easiest, quickest form of transportation possible. So with the Skyliner opening at POP later this month, that would absolutely be worth the extra $50/night to have direct access to two theme parks (not to mention other resorts. you could take it to Caribbean Beach to eat at Sebastian's or to the new rooftop restaurant at Riviera depending on when your trip is). In addition, I find Pop to be better themed so it feels nicer to spend time there than most All Stars. But if you truly don't spend time at your resort, this all may or may not be important to you and your vacation.

If money is tight and that is the biggest sticking point in your planning (and resort/travel amenities aren't important to you) than save the money and do All Stars. Just plan on having to allot more time with the buses since there will def be lines.

Hi all. My mom and I are looking to head to Disney in early May. We went for the first time in October of 2018. Someone we know was gracious enough to give us their DVC points and we stayed at OKW and Saratoga Springs in a split stay. We want to head back to Disney but we are on a budget. We understand that where we stayed were deluxe resorts and that these are budget options. We mostly just use the room to sleep and to get ready. We don't really hang around the resort.

We originally were going to book Pop Century. For $50 less dollars a night we can stay at either All Star Movies, All Star Music, or All Star Sports.

Thanks!
If it is PURELY a financial thing, I'd save the $50/night and choode Movies. If the All Stars just happen to be $50/night cheaper but you are fine with either, I'd choose the Pop. We love it so much there and you will have Skyliner access.

We love Pop and will always chose to stay there over the All Stars. We have nothing bad to stay about the All Stars - we stayed at Sports many many years ago and have nothing to complain about. It's just a matter of Pop becoming our home away from home. Also, with the addition of the Skyliner transportation option to Hollywood Studios and Epcot that would definitely make it worth the additional $50/night for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter