Help me plan 6 days!!!!

cmfitz14

Mouseketeer
We are going August 10-16. We have park hopper passes and have tickets for MNSSHP on August 12. We are staying at Beach Club. I need assistance with coming up with a plan for park days and reservations. I think I have too many days at AK and HS. We love to do dinner at Epcot. Our kids will be 11&13. Must do’s are rides:
*MK: SDMT, BTM, space mountain, buzz, *HM, JC, PofC, Splash Mtn, PP (hopeful we can ride a lot during MNSSHP… snacks aren’t our thing, rides are!)
*Epcot: GotG, Remy, Soarin, TT, Frozen
*DHS: all the Star Wars rides, slinky, ToT, MM RR, TSMM, RnRC
AK: FOP, Safari, EE, Navi, Dinosaur, Kali RR (only if it’s midday and hot!)

We have already pre purchased Genie+. We will purchase ILL whenever possible. Myself and my daughter or husband will be up and ready to snag any genie+ or ILL each morning,

Here’s what I have for park reservations currently:
8/10 - we land around 10am at MCO. Head for Beach Club, then onto Epcot. I will try for Guardians Galaxy, but highly doubt we get it bc we’ll be in the air at 7am. We’d like to dine at via Napoli or Biergarten for dinner. Most likely NO hopping bc of our insanely early flight (departing at 5:45am).

8/11 - park reservation at MK. Rope Drop in the morning. Most likely head back to Epcot in the evening for dinner (via Napoli or Biergarten - depending on where we eat the night before) and rides.

8/12 - park reservation at DHS. I figure we’ll go until 12/1:00ish. Then head back to swim and then if LUCKY, super early dinner at Ohana and then MNSSHP. We will be there until close!

8/13 - probably tired in the morning. Park reservation at AK. I’m thinking we’ll hang at the pool for a little bit, then head to AK. Do rides and possibly dinner at yak and yetti. What time does AK close? Not sure if we’d hop to a park after or not.

8/14 - Reservation at DHS. Leave midday and swim. Hop to another park at night… what do you suggest? MK or AK? Maybe just go back to DHS?

8/15 - reservation at AK (I don’t know if we need this!!!! Should I switch it?!). Swim midday. We will definitely hop to Epcot at night, super hopeful we can eat at Teppan Edo our last night. If not, maybe the yachtsman or somewhere at Boardwalk or a different Epcot restaurant. Regardless of where we eat, we visit Epcot in the evening for some rides. I hope they have late hours for deluxe guests this night and we can snag a GotG if we haven’t had a chance yet.

8/16 - wake up pretty early and head to Universal Royal Pacific. Two days at universal before heading home.

Do I have too much time dedicated to DHS and AK? I’m open to ALL suggestions!!!!

How many rides are new to you this trip? Do the new rides ASAP. It sounds like you could be in Epcot for the second 1pm Guardians drop on your arrival day.

If you're really into Star Wars, do DHS on the 11th.

I've never done the Halloween party, but I would question going to MK the day before the party. Change the 11th off of MK. Go back to MK on the 14th or 15th.

Then I would decide if your prefer a sleep in day on the day of the Halloween party or the day after.

I would change AK on the 15th to either hs or epcot. AK can be done in one day especially if you purchase the pass for fop.

Ok, I did a lot of changing around….

8/10 - Arrival day, flight lands at 9:55am. Drop bags off at BC, then Epcot. (dinner at Biergarten). Not sure if we’ll stay all night. Maybe evening swimming!

8/11 - Animal Kingdom (rope drop/early entry); swim mid/late day; Epcot for dinner (dinner Via Napoli)

8/12 - Epcot in the morning; fingers crossed we get a 3pm-ish reservation at Ohana; if not, what do you suggest? We’d like to be in MK by 5ish.
MNSSHP - stay until the end!

8/13 - DHS (we most likely will NOT rope drop, as we may tired from the night before). Plan to do dinner at DHS (where do you suggest? We’ve done drive in & mama Melrose before; maybe try 50s prime time?). We’d like to see DHs at night, so no park hopping.

8/14 - DHS (rope drop/early entry); swim midday; park hop in the evening. Unsure of which park we’ll go to at night. Need a dinner suggestion!

8/15 - MK (rope drop/early entry); swim midday; Epcot in the evening (hopefully dinner at Teppan Edo)

I wish Animal Kingdom was open later in the evening. I feel like we are dinner time park hoppers. If we hop go Animal Kingdom at 4:30/5 and eat dinner, we won’t have much time to do ride. I hope ONE morning is enough for AK. We will use ILL and Genie+ to maximize ride opportunities.

Let me know your thoughts!

Honestly I would not do as much swim time spend it in the parks. Also would have more time for AK.

For 8/12 if you want to eat at a resort near MK what about Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL. They used to with the Halloween and Christmas parties allow you in at 4 pm so personally I would choose a restaurant in there. We enjoy BOG, Tony’s, and Liberty Tree Tavern.

For 8/13 or 8/14 I would do either 50’s Prime Time Cafe or Hollywood Brown Derby.

For other restaurant suggestions outside of the parks Boma at AKL and The Boathouse at Disney Springs. Besides what was mentioned at Epcot we love Chefs de France, Le Cellier, Coral Reef, Tutto Italia, and Space220.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter