help me plan my weekend trip please all advice welcomed!

IamSusan

Earning My Ears
We are going to Disneyland at the end of January. We will be staying at the Grand Californian and we got a very good rate with Disney Club. I have sent away for our DCA preview tickets for Sunday. I have reservations at the Napa Rose Friday night, and for the Chip and Dale BF late Saturday morning. And I sent away for Unofficial Guide 2001 for more tips.

But what else should I be doing to plan? Any good strategic advice for shows, parades, rides? We will have a three year old and a teen. I read that space mountain will be under rehab while we are there.

And what is the fantasmic dessert buffet?

flowerface.GIF
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#006600> Hi Susan,
Welcome to the DL board...

I recommend one day concentrating on rides, and one day concentrating on the little things. Use fastpass - get to DL a half hour before it opens - the MS band will be playing, and the characters will be out signing autographs & taking pictures.

The Fantasmic Buffet - For about $40, you get prime seats in a New Orleans balcony to watch Fantasmic. It's an all-you-can-eat dessert buffet, with soft drinks included, I think. This is very popular, and seats are limited, so you have to get there about 2 hours before the park opens to get a ticket. By the time you go, Fantasmic will most likely just be showing on the weekends. Do Fantasmic one night and the parade another afternoon/night so you're not rushing from one to another.

I'm sure others will post their very worthy 2cents here, too. :)

<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#FF0066>Mary Jo
mms.gif

Disneyland Board Co-Moderator
galw.gif

My Disneyland Site
My Sequoia/Yosemite Trip

Dress Up Your Posts

My advice is to let your kids help in the planning. Especially since you will have a teen and a toddler.
When we went I let each of my daughters plan one day and then I planned the third. It worked out great. It elemintated the agruements when one kid got to ride somethign if they other didn't and that one doesn't want to ride somethign whent the other does.

Plan to get to parades about 45 - a hour early. Seating at town square, near the enterence seems to be less crowded.

Plan on getting to fantasmic at least 90 mins. early. The good seats (I guess I should realy say space) fill up fast. I saw people getting seating as early at 5pm for a 9:45 show.

Christa

My advice is to break up into two groups so that the younger child can do Fantasyland to death while the teen does the Mountains. This way everyone gets to do their "dream rides" and you only use half the time. I know it's not really ideal to split up during a family vacation, but I think it's worth it in terms of time and sanity saved! Then reconvene and do the "family" rides---Pirate, Mansion, you know, everything else!

Sounds like a great itinerary! Enjoy!

Patti

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The Fantasmic Buffet - For about $40, you get prime seats in a New Orleans balcony to watch Fantasmic. It's an all-you-can-eat dessert buffet, with soft drinks included, I think. This is very popular, and seats are limited, so you have to get there about 2 hours before the park opens to get a ticket [/quote]

This sounds like a great idea!

One thing, you are staying at the GC, so you MAY be able to bypass the 2 hour ticket ordeal and have the ressies made by the concierge.

I was able to get next day priority ressies at the Blue Bayou Restraurant via the concierge, hey, by the way you may want to check out the Blue Bayou too :)

anidragon01.gif

Feel free to send me an email :)

If you need help with your Disney problem click here:Calbay's 12 Steps of Disneyholics Anonymouse

My recent trip to the Disneyland Resort
Calbay's Holiday 2000 Disneyland Trip Report

The split up the teen and toddler is a great one. And, boy, I would love to not have to get up and wait in line for two hours!

thanks!!!

Susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter