• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help me plan! Party of 7 - 4 adults, 3 kids (9, 7 and 2), early Feb 2020

MagicMakerJB

Earning My Ears
So we are going the first week of Feb with my parents and little brother, they were there April this year but my mom doesn't want to miss my daughter's first time meeting Cinderella so they are going again with us (as if she needed an excuse :rotfl2:). We'll be arriving Sat Feb 1 and leaving Thu Feb 6, staying at POP with the DDP and this is what I have planned so far, oh! I must say we are first timers.

Sat Feb 1 - Arrival Day, we're planning to catch an early flight and land around 9.30 - 10 in MCO, planning to hit MK in the afternoon and grabbing something at any QS.
Sun Feb 2 - AK day, so far we only have an Ohana's reservation at 8.30am.
Mon Feb 3 - Husband's birthday, he asked to spend his birthday at GESW as he is a huge fan so this will be our HS day, we have a reservation in Oga's at 10 am, Savi's at 2.25pm and Sci-Fi at 6.05pm
Tue Feb 4 - MK day, have a reservation for BOG at 8.30 and then another one for dinner in 1900 at 5.50pm, planning on returning to MK to watch the fireworks.
Wed Feb 5 - Epcot day, no reservations yet, waiting for the Space restaurant.
Thu Feb 6- Departure day, we'll be driving to Tampa to visit some friends over the weekend so our departure time is flexible, we were planning on doing AK/Disney Springs this day, so far we have a reservation for Chef Mickey at 8.20 and another for Jaleo at 5.05.

I'm going back and forth with the idea of going back to the hotel for a mid-day break, not sure if it will be a huge waste of time, we are already having some meals outside the parks and that will take us time as well, maybe for the Epcot day we'll do a half day. Any thoughts?

Is Feb 2 a typo? You're going to Ohana for breakfast but have it listed as an AK day...that means leaving Pop going to MK to get to the Poly (unless you take a Minnie Van) then going from the Poly to AK.

Personally I'm not a fan of the midday break, especially on such a short trip.

I think Epcot is the park nobody agrees on, you either love it (even though Future World is a sad bleak place right now) or you do Soaring, Frozen ever after and test track and leave...

Is Feb 2 a typo? You're going to Ohana for breakfast but have it listed as an AK day...that means leaving Pop going to MK to get to the Poly (unless you take a Minnie Van) then going from the Poly to AK.

Personally I'm not a fan of the midday break, especially on such a short trip.

I think Epcot is the park nobody agrees on, you either love it (even though Future World is a sad bleak place right now) or you do Soaring, Frozen ever after and test track and leave...
Is not a typo, I really want to do Ohana's but can't fit it in any other day because we have BOG breakfast and Chef Mickey at our 2 MK days, where do you think we can fit it?

About Epcot we have been reading about all the Reno's going on and honestly don't think there's much to do there, we want to do those that you mentioned plus the frozen and 3 amigos one and maybe eat a thing or 2 at the festival but apart from that there's not much

If you REALLY want Ohana breakfast, I'd do it on your Epcot day, then you're at least not traversing the whole property.
Get on 730(ish) bus to MK, go through security, take monorail/boat to TTC then walk to the Poly. Walk to the TTC after breakfast and get on the Epcot monorail.

ETA: I love epcot and for me I can spend tons of time there, I find the characters have shorter lines and my 20 month old loved the wide pathways in the world showcase. I also don't spend a ton of time in Future World aside from the Living Seas and Living with the Land.

Also, just so you know, Ogas has no real food. It's a bar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter