Help me plan when to go and where to stay for my anniversary trip

Alexsandra

Ready for the next adventure
My hubby and I decided to celebrate our 10th anniversary with a Disney Trip without the kids. :yay:

First, I have to tell you that I feel very guilty about going to WDW without the kids (DS6, DS3) but let me also mention that we plan on taking a WDW family trip with the kids first week of March 2014 (during Canadian spring break). So I should try not to feel bad, right? (easy to say, hard to do!):sad1:
The thing is, my husband does not want my oldest to miss any school and "after a long cold winter here in Canada, a Florida getaway will do us all some good" he says. I, on the other hand, would have rather taken him out of school for a week in Sept. or Nov. to get a better price and to take advantage of lower crowds. That way, we could take our anniversary trip in May. (I don't want to go to WDW in March and then again in May or June...too close together.) But he seems adamant about not pulling the kids away from their studies and I can't really argue his reasoning.

That being said, we are considering going on our anniversary trip this September. The though came when we received a PIN for free dining. I would have preferred Oct, but I leave on my annual business trip to China on the 15 of Oct. to the 3rd of Nov. So September seems like a good time to go especially because we want to stay at a deluxe resort and the prices seem to be at their lowest. I like the heat so there is no problem there but I am worried about hurricane season. I could also go towards the end of November. However when we went in Dec. 2012 and Feb. 2011 I found the weather cold and unpredictable (but we still had a good time.) When we went in Sept. 2011 I had liked the weather and the heat did not bother me (my husband, on the other hand, liked it a little less since he is a pale white, redhead born in the Yukon:rotfl:).
Any insight on when to go?

Another problem is deciding where to stay. We can't seem to decide on the Polynesian or BeachClub. We are both attracted to the Poly. We love the tropical setting and the idea of having breakfast at Kona Cafe most mornings. We love the fact we can watch the fireworks from the beach and that we would be on the monorail. However I am not crazy about the pool (seems small and packed). It is also a lot more expensive than the BC. We calculated that it would cost us less to use the room offer discount offered that to use our free dining PIN since we can get our park tickets with "aeroplan" points. Right now the discount is 30% off at the BC or YC but only 20% at the Poly. I know BC is great because of boardwalk, pool and proximity to Epcot but it seems like a less romantic spot than the Poly. I have only stayed at moderate resorts so it will be special no matter what but I think my heart wants the Poly. I think my husband would prefer BC because he wants a gym and loves Epcot and I am sure he likes the lower price tag. What do you think? Any opinions or suggestions would be appreciated.

Also I was considering going to Universal studios for a day or two. Is it worth it to sleep over at one of those properties to take advantage of their front of the line pass or just to stay on WDW property and taxiing over to that park for the day?

Sorry for the novel, but I have so many questions and so many doubts, I need some expert advise here!:confused3

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter