Help me! So confused on room/tickets...

LuvMy3Monkeys

Mouseketeer
Okay, so we just got back from our first trip as a family (got married on the BW in 2003, this was the first trip down with kids) on Feb 20th. LOOOOVED IT!!!! And ready to go back like... uhm... yesterday!... lol Now I think I know what it feels like to be a smoker who can't quit... I'm hooked already!!!!!!!

So, I see that they released the dates for this free dining I've been reading about... and hubby says lets go! We want to stay at the movies resort again, and our kids are ages 6, 3, and 2 (when we go).

So... questions are...

Can you only buy a 10 day ticket? what if you want more days than that, do you have to pay a full price ticket for additional days? How does that work??

Has anyone ever stayed 3 weeks? I know that sounds like alot, but if the dining is free, and the airfare is going to cost the same whether its 3 days or 3 weeks, why not pay for an extra week or so for just room/tickets? It makes sense to me to combine two smaller trips into one large one, but I've never done it. Is it a bad idea? Also, I noticed you can only book 14 nights online? If I book through AAA will the travel agent be able to book me 21 nights?

Are you ALLOWED to stay 21 nights and get the free dining the entire stay? Or is there a limit to nights you can get?

If you stay at a value resort, do you get a quick service plan or regular plan for FD?

I have AAA, can I get that discount and the free dining? Anyone tried this?

I'm sure I have 100000 other questions, but I'll stop now lol

Thanks for reading this if you made it through all that ;)

Kristen

See red:

Okay, so we just got back from our first trip as a family (got married on the BW in 2003, this was the first trip down with kids) on Feb 20th. LOOOOVED IT!!!! And ready to go back like... uhm... yesterday!... lol Now I think I know what it feels like to be a smoker who can't quit... I'm hooked already!!!!!!!

So, I see that they released the dates for this free dining I've been reading about... and hubby says lets go! We want to stay at the movies resort again, and our kids are ages 6, 3, and 2 (when we go).

So... questions are...

Can you only buy a 10 day ticket? what if you want more days than that, do you have to pay a full price ticket for additional days? How does that work??
If you are thinking of staying that long - you would want to upgrade to get an annual pass. Then, you could even use it for your vacation in 2010, hopefully during FD too! (you would just have to buy a 1 day park ticket for the FD. (that's what I'm doing this year))

Has anyone ever stayed 3 weeks? I know that sounds like alot, but if the dining is free, and the airfare is going to cost the same whether its 3 days or 3 weeks, why not pay for an extra week or so for just room/tickets? It makes sense to me to combine two smaller trips into one large one, but I've never done it. Is it a bad idea? Also, I noticed you can only book 14 nights online? If I book through AAA will the travel agent be able to book me 21 nights?
You can book 14 nights (what I just did!):cool1: So, you'd have to have a couple different ressies. They can put a note down to try to keep you in the same room.

Are you ALLOWED to stay 21 nights and get the free dining the entire stay? Or is there a limit to nights you can get?
14 nights on each reservation

If you stay at a value resort, do you get a quick service plan or regular plan for FD?
I just got the regular (staying at Music)

I have AAA, can I get that discount and the free dining? Anyone tried this?
I think you have to pay the rack rate. Not 100% sure though

I'm sure I have 100000 other questions, but I'll stop now lol

Thanks for reading this if you made it through all that ;)

Kristen

And with that one day ticket you have to purchase to get the package, you can upgrade that towards an annual pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter