Help me with Epcot day on arrival date

DaviVascaino

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone,

We will be staying at a Disney hotel for the first time for our upcoming Trip in February 2023 (Boardwalk Villa).

We will be staying 7 nights (Sat - Sat). We were planning to get a 6 day park ticket (we are not hoppers). We are planning to repeat MK and Hollywood studios.

However, my kids (6 and 9) want to go to Epcot twice due to GoG, Ratatouille, test track, etc... The difference between a 6 day and a 7 day ticket is less than $100 total.

I can get an earlier flight, which would arrive in Orlando around noon. With transportation, checking in at the hotel, we will probably won't be free until 2-3 pm.
Is it worth going to Epcot on a Saturday (arrival date) if we are only going there after 2-3pm (that would be a second Epcot visit, we will go on the following Monday during EEH)? I assume that by Feb of 2023, GoG will be a regular ILL, thus easier for Disney hotel guests to secure a reservation than virtual queue. Also, is it easy to stack Genie plus at Epcot for last afternoon/evening?

Just trying to see if it is worth the extra $100 bucks for a 7 day ticket and if it is worth to get up early to get an early flight and be in Orlando by noon.

Thank you for the help

Staying at BWV means that Epcot is just a short walk away. And Epcot consistently stays open until at least 9 PM year round, meaning you don’t have to wonder whether it will close too early to make it worth it. So I’d say Go For It! That is, as long as you won’t have to lose so much sleep in order to catch the early flight that everyone poops out so early that they can’t enjoy Epcot.

Yes, worth it! Youll have all afternoon and night to be there, and get to see the nighttime show!

Only thing that might hold me back it the ages of your kids and what time the flight is. They might be super tired from all day of travel. If they dont typically have extra energy to spare, Id skip it, unpack at hotel, take the friendship ferry around the resort area, go for a swim, have dinner, get to bed early to be up bright and early for your amazing vacation! It will be non stop after that first night!

Hello everyone,

We will be staying at a Disney hotel for the first time for our upcoming Trip in February 2023 (Boardwalk Villa).

We will be staying 7 nights (Sat - Sat). We were planning to get a 6 day park ticket (we are not hoppers). We are planning to repeat MK and Hollywood studios.

However, my kids (6 and 9) want to go to Epcot twice due to GoG, Ratatouille, test track, etc... The difference between a 6 day and a 7 day ticket is less than $100 total.

I can get an earlier flight, which would arrive in Orlando around noon. With transportation, checking in at the hotel, we will probably won't be free until 2-3 pm.
Is it worth going to Epcot on a Saturday (arrival date) if we are only going there after 2-3pm (that would be a second Epcot visit, we will go on the following Monday during EEH)? I assume that by Feb of 2023, GoG will be a regular ILL, thus easier for Disney hotel guests to secure a reservation than virtual queue. Also, is it easy to stack Genie plus at Epcot for last afternoon/evening?

Just trying to see if it is worth the extra $100 bucks for a 7 day ticket and if it is worth to get up early to get an early flight and be in Orlando by noon.

Thank you for the help
Absolutely. You already paid the expensive portion of the tickets which is your first 2-3 days so I'm definitely a yes. Arriving even by 3pm allows you a ton of time to hit a lot at Epcot and would help meet a second day in the park easily. As long as the flights are reasonable times, I'd be a definite yes since you're already paying for the hotel, there's really no additional costs.

Not sure what you mean by GOTG being a regular ILL in February I think it will still be a paid lightening lane at that point. Not sure on your overall budget but if it were the choice between the extra day and the paid lightening lane I'd probably choose getting the paid lightening lane on the day I already have planned.

I do love Epcot at night though along with the rest of the posters and agree it is a great park for arrival day if you were already budgeting for a potential ILL$.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter