• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help! MeanLaureen Started it!

TinkerKat

<font color=coral>The only thing that "I own" that
Back when They were simply Going with their "Davis" logo. Laurie & Matt agreed to one of my "Newbie" trades. Well now I am on a mission to find the WDW Artist's choice pins to keep Pinocchio Company!( That's what Laurie sent :) Waaaa little did I know!

Why are the LE of 10,000 (#1 & 2) so much harder to come by?

Advice please!

My traders are somewhat up to date on Pin Pics...
Tinkerkat

:confused:

Thanks! Kathy T.

To answer your question (or at least my opinon as to part of the answers to your question.)

The first pin was Sorceror Mickey. Enuff said. The second was also a Mickey.

Also, these pins were LE 10,000, but very time limited, only sold for two days.

They didn't sell out in two days, at least from what I could see, late on Sunday there were still many available.

But these are the only pins that I've seen that didn't sell out that Disney actually kept their word and have not made available again. Whether they were destroyed as we were told they would be, or whether they will at some time appear again (Oh lookee,lookee, I found another box...) I don't know.

So although they were limited to 10,000, I believe significantly less than 10,000 were actually sold and are therefore out there to be traded.

The excess pins were part of the reason the second pin weekends pins were much smaller editions.

JMHO

Total speculation on my part but I would not be surprised to see some of these during the auction at the August Pin Event.

Dom -

Speculation on my part, too, but I think there were enough left over that they may show up on Disney ebay auctions, 100 at a time.

If they show up on the auctions held at WDW during the pin event, they'll go through the roof. During last year's they bid up a Pirate's E-Ticket pin to $140. (At the time, they weren't even sold out, they 'found a box' for the November Festival of the Masters.) They know enough not to tip their hand to show they have a pile of them when they start the auctions.

I have tried several times to trade for the only one I wanted which was Goofy. I just like that pin. But to no avail. It appears to be a major league pin and you know that I only play in the minors (but my batting average is improving). Anyway, heres lots of pixie dust for you to have luck and getting the ones you need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter