Help! My daughter's earring backing is stuck in her ear

The dermatologist did call back this morning, but they said they couldn't see him until next Wednesday. While I'd rather have them do it, I don't want to take any chances for infection over the weekend (and with offices being closed on Tuesday for the 4th), so I'm just keeping the pediatrician appointment for tomorrow and hoping for the best. Last night, one of the studs came out from the front (couldn't put it back in with the back inside of his earlobe) which is another reason I just want the backs out sooner rather than later.
Quoting myself above on what my plan was. So, we get to the pediatrician and we had nurses coming in and checking his ears out like he was a sideshow freak, and then the Nurse Practitioner comes in, pokes and prods for 5 minutes and says she can't do it (didn't even ask a doctor to take a look), I'll need to go to the dermatologist. I was not happy because they told me on the phone that they'd probably be able to (we're not the first) -- and they were more than happy to collect my copay. Fortunately, it's in the same building as the dermatologist and while they told me they couldn't get him in until next Wednesday, I told them the situation, and since I was there anyway, they squeezed him in. The dermatologist was great and got them out, but they were in there pretty good. He and the nurse there also told me that our pediatrician's office has sent at least two other patients to them in the last 6 weeks for the same thing! They should have just told me 'no' to begin with and saved me some money. On the bright side, we got them out today vs. next Wednesday.

Quoting myself above on what my plan was. So, we get to the pediatrician and we had nurses coming in and checking his ears out like he was a sideshow freak, and then the Nurse Practitioner comes in, pokes and prods for 5 minutes and says she can't do it (didn't even ask a doctor to take a look), I'll need to go to the dermatologist. I was not happy because they told me on the phone that they'd probably be able to (we're not the first) -- and they were more than happy to collect my copay. Fortunately, it's in the same building as the dermatologist and while they told me they couldn't get him in until next Wednesday, I told them the situation, and since I was there anyway, they squeezed him in. The dermatologist was great and got them out, but they were in there pretty good. He and the nurse there also told me that our pediatrician's office has sent at least two other patients to them in the last 6 weeks for the same thing! They should have just told me 'no' to begin with and saved me some money. On the bright side, we got them out today vs. next Wednesday.
I had a feeling the pediatrician wouldn’t be able to do it (based on our experience).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter