help! need advice when to go mid March

Lmans77

Mouseketeer
We are Disneyland newbies, been to WDW a ton. We are in Texas and our Spring Break is the week of March 13. I could go to Disney any days from the 11th -15th. From what I've read, Mondays are not good, so now I'm thinking Saturday the 11th and Sunday the 12th. Is that right? Is a 2 day park hopper enough. Feeling very overwhelmed and pressured since this is coming up quick. Please give all the advice.

Hard to say for sure what crowds will be like but I can provide insight from our trip last October. We did a quick 4 days in the parks from Sunday October 23 to Wednesday October 26. We did Sun and Mon at DL, then DCA on Tues, and back to DL on Wed.

We assumed that Sunday or Monday would be the worst days and thought that midweek would clear out a bit and be a nice end to the trip. That was backwards though. Actually Sunday and Monday were busy but bearable, Tuesday at DCA wasn't too bad, then Wednesday back in DL was a nightmare! It was the most crowded I've ever experienced DL and we ended up leaving early-afternoon as we couldn't take it any more. Looking back at a blackout calendar for 2022 I can see that Saturday and Sunday was a no-go day for most pass-holders so that likely helped thin the crowds for the first couple days we were there, but Wednesday was wide open to passholders. So if it was us planning for your dates I'd check the blackout calendars and try to go when passholders can't (as much as feasible).

Edit: Just looked up blackout days and it is really only the 11th and 12th for the time you'll be there. If me I'd try for those days and maybe add one more day (Tuesday?). When we go we like to do at least 3 days if not 4. We don't care about parkhoppers that much but just plan on 1 day at DL, then 1 at DCA, then 1 or 2 more at DL. And if you take Monday off you can give the feet/legs a rest.

Last edited:
Have you checked to see if there are park reservations available yet for that weekend? Make sure before you go too far in planning. Saturday the 11th has been sold out for passholders for awhile now.

Saturdays are the slowest days of the week. Sunday will be more busy, but still better than weekdays.

Have you checked to see if there are park reservations available yet for that weekend? Make sure before you go too far in planning. Saturday the 11th has been sold out for passholders for awhile now.

Saturdays are the slowest days of the week. Sunday will be more busy, but still better than weekdays.

Yes, enchant is blocked on Saturday the 11th but not on Sunday, so Sunday will definitely be busy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter