Help, Need Opinions

ajm1107

Mouseketeer
Ok, so I need some opinions. I am planning a trip to the World in October 2006 and am having trouble deciding between two resorts. My son and I were fortunate enough to stay at OKW during June of this year and I fell in love with it. I loved everything about it, but for our October trip I thought it would be fun to try the BWV. In June, we swam and had a glorious trip. At that time I thought it was a once in a lifetime trip so I was pretty commando. Although towards the end, he slowed me down and we really enjoyed the resort. I loved the family feel of it. Our Oct trip will actually be the third trip as we are staying at Ft Wilderness in March. I need opinions. DS will be 7 for this trip.

October at the BWV's would be my choice. It's during the Food and Wine Festival at EPCOT and you can't beat the proximity of being at the Boardwalk. I just got back myself having spent a week at the BWV's from October 1 to the 8th. It was outstanding as usual but even better because of the Food and Wine Festival.

HBC

I've never stayed at OKW, so I won't have that knowledge to compare. However, I think BWV is a very nice resort right in the middle of the action. The main pool is a lot of fun (as long at son doesn't have an aversion to clowns!). It's a quick walk to Epcot and a boat ride away from MGM (or walk if you want to!). There's a lot of activity on the boardwalk in the evenings as well.

What were your favorite features of OKW? If it was room size, home feeling (versus hotel feel), then you might be a bit disappointed in BWV. I abhore the long hallways and hotel feel there. OKW just makes me feel more like I am at a wonderful resort vacation home than a hotel. If you like the proximaty to MGM and Epcot and being able to walk to those parks over taking the bus, then, BWV might be your choice.

Your son sounds a lot like my nephews - 9 and 5 on our last trip. As long as we planned at least a couple of hours for swimming every day, they were happy. Believe it or not, swimming inthose great pools is just as important to them as touring the parks.

We love BWV - if you stay there, make sure there is time for your son to swim (He'll love the slide), to visit Community Hall, to play mini golf (at Fantasia Gardens) and to enjoy the nightly entertainment on the Boardwalk. FWIW (heresy to a COMMANDO,I know) you could even plan one or two less park days and still have a wonderful time! Give it a try -

Signed,
A recovering park commando with nephews!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter