Help needed- Character tea/birthday party

StarGem

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, :wave:

Can anyone whos done the character birthday party or even the tea party in plaza gardens tell me a bit more about it?
Would you say it is worth it? Other than the characters coming round and having cakes etc is there anything else going on? Roughly how long does it last for? At the birthday party is it a whole cake you get or just a slice each? and what sort of present does the birthday child get?

Thanks muchly :flower:

I would definately recommend the character tea with or without a birthday.

We've done both: For the birthday you get a bag of goodies which include a cuddly Mickey Mouse which sings "Happy Birthday", a hat and a birthday card which all of the characters present on the day will sign. You get a whole birthday cake which is chocolate and very gooey - but nice. When the cakes come out the Birthday song is played - the cakes have lit candles on them and a character will be at your table when the cake arrives. We did it for our DD's 4th birthday last year.

If you're not celebrating a birthday all of the characters will still visit your table and will sign autographs and pose for photos.

It's an all you can eat buffet consisting mainly of cakes and pastries as well as fruit salad, chocolate mousse, bread rolls and soft drinks or coffee.

Hope this has helped,
Joanne

Nice to hear favourable comments, since the idea of cakes has never really appealed :)

Reid

We've always done a character breakfast & also a lunch and dinner at Inventions, all of which are great. We're going in August with my mum and nephews who've never been before, budget is important so a tea party might be a good option, especially as our children never seem to eat much at the breakfasts. Which characters have you seen at thye tea party? Roughly how long can you stay? (The good thing about thje breakfast is we've managed to make it last for ages, even though the children aren't eating much, me & DH can eat loads!)

We've always been to the 3pm sitting and it lasts half an hour to forty five minutes. We've seen Chip n Dale, Robin Hood, Friar Tuck, King John, Eeyore, Tigger, Pluto, Goofy, Daisy - pretty much the same as the breakfasts. I'm sure there must have been more but I can't recall who off the top of my head - but I've never seen Mickey or Minnie at the tea parties.

Joanne UK said:
I would definately recommend the character tea with or without a birthday.

It's an all you can eat buffet consisting mainly of cakes and pastries as well as fruit salad, chocolate mousse, bread rolls and soft drinks or coffee.

Joanne

Just wondering if you could give any more details about the types of cakes etc on offer. Also do you know if character meals are discounted if you have an annual pass. Thanks.

We have used our AP to get discounts from table service restaurants :sunny:

Reid

There's slices of pie with a cream filling - not fresh cream though. Doughnuts either chocolate filled or apple, muffins, small sponge cakes, cookies. The chocolate mousse is in a small tub and is very very rich. The buffet itself doesn't really represent value for money but it is a nice experience having tea with the characters.

We've done the Character Tea on both our visits, it is enjoyable and the character interaction is very good. It is quite strange having a meal consisting only of desserts although having a sweet tooth myself I love it. :cheer2:

Thanks everyone. Joanne, thanks very much for all the help, it was very helpful - sounds good! :cool1:

I booked a birthday character lunch at the Lucky Nuggett Saloon for my Daughters 7th birthday in December 2004.
You could choose from a good selection of western style food, sausages, chicken nuggets, chicken, roast potatoes etc. All of which were very nice and were plentiful. Cost about £80 for 4 of us.
Mickey & Minnie were the stars of the show and they played the happy birthday tune as they came to our table with the birthday cake, a whole chocolate cake, too much for 4!! :)
They fussed over her for around 5 minutes whilst we took photos, they signed her birthday cards that we had brought with us. It was fantastic!!!
Downsides:
Now she should have also received a birthday card and present from them but didn't. They noticed they didn't bill us for the cake, (about £17) and because she never received any present as they said they would, we didnt tell them that they hadn't billed us for the cake. Other down sides too many pushy parents pushing their children around our table. The waiters should have held back other autograph hunters whilst the birthday celebration was going on. This spoiled our pictures a little as they had others in the background pushing & shoving.
All in all though to see the look on my Daughters face was money very well spent and I would do it again for sure.

:earsgirl:

At these character meals the characters always visit each and every table and yet there are always children following them around and pushing in on other peoples' time with the characters, while the parents just sit there and do nothing.

Sorry, but this does annoy me.

Hi, We have done the Birthday party [in the Blue Lagoon restaurant, with yummy chocolate cake], and the character tea party in Plaza gardens and by far and away the best was Plaza Gardens!! It was great, I would really recommend it. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter