• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help Needed - Nov 2003

senga

Earning My Ears
:confused:

Yep decision taken we are travelling last week in October until the 15th November 2003. 4 adults (2 grandparents / 2 parents) and 2 children (boy 10 his 3rd visit & girl 3 her first time). We are going to spend 14 nights outside the park at the Mariott Cypress Harbour resort and cover off sites other than Disney - then will move into Disney and stay on site for 7 days.

My questions - we have more or less decided on the Riverside Resort it looks as though it has all we would like boating/cycling etc - nice pool yet some quiet surrounding gardens...can anyone out there confirm our choice?????????? or do you think the extra money to upgrade to the Poly or Wilderness Lodge is worth it??? Remember now we are spending 3 weeks in all plus spending money plus flights from Ireland!!!!!!!!! would it really be worth the extra to upgrade to the Delux or can we have just as good a time in the Riverside - to be honest I like the look of this resort and think it would be more child friendly than the delux am I wrong???????????:confused: :confused: :confused:

Would really appreciate the help of other Disney guests.....on our other visits we have always stayed in the Hotel Plaza at BV definatley want to try on site this time.

I don't know about more child friendly as I think all the Disney resorts are child friendly :) , but I am sure you will love it there! I have not personally stayed there, but my neighbor absolutely loved it!!! Plus from reading these boards for 4+ years, I know ALOT of other people swear by this resort! I am sure you will have a wonderful time there, so relax!

We were disappointed at staying the Riverside. But you will find many who really like it.
We would probably stay about anywhere but POR. But that's just us.
Our stay wasn't horrible or anything. (The bus service as bad as I have seen and ever care to experience again.)
The grounds were great. The room nice, but needed a very good cleaning. Food court, okay. (The bakery there is the food court highlight.)
Just didn't have the Disney Magic (anywhere) that CSR and ASMo had during our stays.
Good luck on whatever you choose. Sounds like you have a great vacation ahead of you! :)

Have stayed at both resorts. The decision to upgrade is a very personal one. The Wilderness Lodge or Poly is much closer to the Magic Kingdom and has various modes of transport to them. (either boat or monorail for Poly or boat for WL) The beauty of the MK resorts is the closeness to this park. If a good portion of your trip will take in the MK than I would consider the Poly or WL. These resorts also offer the nightly water pageant which is certainly a treat. The ease of moving from hotel to the MK is minimal and the views from these resorts cannot be compared with those at Riverside. Also the marinas and watersports available from the MK area is not comparable with those at Riverside. The rooms themselves from each resort may not play a major part in your decision to upgrade but the location, marina, restaurants, and amenities available at each of these 2 locations may. I wish you well on your vacation.

And may all your dreams come true.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter