HELP!!! No excursions for Grand Cayman

ten822

Mouseketeer
Just booked last minute 7 night western caribbean and we leave in a few weeks. I'm use to planning 9 months out for vacations. Never been to Grand Cayman before. We don't want adventure. We just want a beautiful uncrowded beach w/amenities to go to for the day. Nothing like that through the Disney excursions and nothing through resortforaday,com. Anyone have suggestions on what to do? (that they have actually done before)

We booked a cabana at the Royal Palms club on one cruise. That's $125 for up to six people and includes a shaded table, four chairs and four loungers. Food and drink are extra. I think WiFi (that sort of worked) was included too. Without a cabana, there's a $2 per person entry fee, chairs are $12 each and umbrellas are $15. You can grab a cab at the port and it's about $4 per person each way.

https://bestcayman.com/

+ 1 on Royal Palms

+1 on the cabana as well. Although I would do it even without the Cabana as the place was absolutely amazing.

The beach was so perfect and the food was good!

We went to the Grand Cayman Marriott on our cruise this past August and had a great day. We had use of the room and great facilities and food on site.

We just grabbed a Cab at the port And asked them to take us to a beach. Not sure of the name but it was great. Food beach and a pool. It was as easy as asking the cabbie.

We went to the Grand Cayman Marriott on our cruise this past August and had a great day. We had use of the room and great facilities and food on site.

How did you do this? Did you just reserve a room through Marriott directly, or did you buy a day pass from somewhere? Just looked up this Marriott and it looks beautiful. Any details would be appreciated. Thanks!

How do
We booked a cabana at the Royal Palms club on one cruise. That's $125 for up to six people and includes a shaded table, four chairs and four loungers. Food and drink are extra. I think WiFi (that sort of worked) was included too. Without a cabana, there's a $2 per person entry fee, chairs are $12 each and umbrellas are $15. You can grab a cab at the port and it's about $4 per person each way.

Do you pay the $2 per person entry fee at the Hotel? Did you book the cabana ahead of time or the day of?

This is exactly what we are doing!

How do

Do you pay the $2 per person entry fee at the Hotel? Did you book the cabana ahead of time or the day of?

You can book the cabana through their website: https://royalpalmscayman.com

How did you do this? Did you just reserve a room through Marriott directly, or did you buy a day pass from somewhere? Just looked up this Marriott and it looks beautiful. Any details would be appreciated. Thanks!

When researching day passes for our March cruise, we found most resorts in Grand Cayman do not offer day passes during "high season". I'm not sure when you are going, but it seems they are typically only offered between July and November.

You can book the cabana through their website: https://royalpalmscayman.com

My worry about pre booking a cabana is what if the weather is bad and we cant get tendered to the island, then what happens to your cabana ie do you still have to pay for it or are you able to cancel it?

When researching day passes for our March cruise, we found most resorts in Grand Cayman do not offer day passes during "high season". I'm not sure when you are going, but it seems they are typically only offered between July and November.[/QUOTE]
We are going at the end of April

Thank you for your help :)

If the Rum Point Beach excursion is still available...book that. Relaxing beach, food, drinks, shops, bathrooms. No one roaming the beach selling stuff. Special area set aside for Disney Cruise guests. Perfect.

We were there in November and it was great. Easy to get to via bus or taxi and inexpensive. When you leave they have taxis in the parking lot ready to take you back to the port.

We’ve used nativeway water sports several times and they’re great! We booked on our own

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter