Help on Disney transportation Please ?

dbcruise

Mouseketeer
Hello I am planning a trip to WDW in Oct . I can not find a Disney resort/hotel that we can afford even all-star is too much for me . I have brought 5 day park hopper passes . My question is when you get on the Disney transportation do you show your room keys or can we ride the transportation just showing the 5 day passes ? Can we ride the buses at all if we are not staying at a Disney hotel ? Thank you so much .

Also I have seen ticket media used in these boards what dose that mean ? Some of the abbrev. on this board I can not figure out at all . Thanks again .

You get unlimited use of WDW transportation with park hopper passes. Otherwise, how would you get from park to park? :-)

BTW, have you checked http://www.mousesavers.com for discount codes? We have a $55 rate at All Star Sports for November using a code from mousesavers. Actually, we just got a waitlisted room at the Contemporary/Shades of Green, and I'll be cancelling the ASSp ressie as soon as I get the SoG confirmation in the mail. It's for November 6 & 7, so if anyone wants it let me know and I'll e-mail you right before I cancel it.

Hello dbcruise- As for the resort rates, have you checked with the Courtyard by Marriot in Downtown Disney, they have a special running for 29.00-39.00 per night. You are also considered an on-site guest when you stay there and can take advantage of perks given to on-site guests. ( if there are any left that you can use )

Thanks for the replys .
I have a off site at Rodeway for $27. a night I will keep checking rates right up until we leave but so far all the rates seem to go Oct 3 and we get there the 11th so No cheaps deals for us onsite BUt If I can find one I will switch . I called Disney and the castmember there told me if I did not stay onsite I could not use the transpotation that is what confused me . They told me I must show my room key card to get on the bus otherwise you COULD NOT USE THE BUS .The cm did not say you could if you have a pass . Thanks agin

When you get on the bus do you have to show the pass or room key\card or do you just get on ?

I have never been asked to see a pass to get on any Disney transportation.

BTW, this is from the official WDW website:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wa...ts/gentickettypeindex?id=TKTParkHopperTktType

With every Park Hopper® Ticket you get:
Unlimited admission* to the four Disney Theme Parks: Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney-MGM Studios, and Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
The flexibility to go from Theme Park to Theme Park on the same day
Convenient Walt Disney World® transportation -- monorails, ferryboats, and motor coaches

(Motor coaches are buses.) So yes, you get unlimited WDW transportation simply because you have hopper passes.

just a question on the side:

Does Disney charge people for transportation if they do not stay at the resort or do not have any passes???? How much would that be?

When I called Disney and told CM I was not staying onsite I asked him if I could buy a ticket for the Bus and he told no ,But then again he told me I had to stay onsite to ride them also he did not tell me I could with my 5 day pass he told me only hotel guest. Maybe some one who really knows can tell us .

DB, the WDW web site says you DO get unlimited use of the transportations simply because you have a multi-day pass. It's right there in black and white. (See my post above.) You do NOT have to be a resort guest. CMs do not always know what they are talking about.

There is no way to pay for the transportation other than to be a resort guest and/or have a multi-day pass. I've never been asked for any kind of room key or pass when getting on any WDW transportatation, and I don't know of anyone else who has, either.

Originally posted by Barb D
I've never been asked for any kind of room key or pass when getting on any WDW transportatation, and I don't know of anyone else who has, either.

Downtown Disney busses after 11pm are supposed to ask for ID. Each resort has it's own specific code on the ID, and you can only travel back to your own resort. This is for safety and security reasons. After 11pm, there really is no reason that an off property guest would be travelling to a Disney resort.

Hopper pass holders can use all Disney transportation in general. Riding to a resort is an excellent way for WDW to entice off site guests to be on site guests next time.

The exceptions have cropped up because of:
1. Security
2. Overcrowding and an effort to give resort guests priority on their own buses.
3. Preventing off site guests from avoiding the parking fee by using resort lots.
4. Keeping parking spaces in resort lots available for resort guests.
There is no way of knowing when drivers might or might not ask for ID in behalf of such exceptions. Drivers may be supposed to ask for ID as described above, but it does not always happen.

Note that hopping from one park to another, in most cases, requires riding to a resort and making a connection there. Hence off site guests with hopper passes cannot be denied use of resort buses during park hours.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Disney busses only stop at resorts in Disney World. They don't come outside to the other hotels to pick up people, so I don't know how you would ride the busses anyway, other than to go from park to park, and I never had to show our room key or passes to ride the busses.

Originally posted by seashoreCM
Note that hopping from one park to another, in most cases, requires riding to a resort and making a connection there. Hence off site guests with hopper passes cannot be denied use of resort buses during park hours.

Disney has Direct Park to Park transportation at all theme parks, without having to transfer at a resort. The only exception is the MK, where the connection is the TTC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter