Help!!! Pin trading and autograph questions!

Thump2250

Mouseketeer
We are finally headed back to WDW after 14 years!!!!! We were in DL 7 years ago, so it's been awhile. When we were in DL the big thing was pins. Is pin trading still as big? Do I need to get lanyards and pins ahead of time for the kids to trade?

Also my 2 older kids have full autograph books from our DL visit. I think they will probably want to do m&gs and get autographs, especially the youngest as she doesn't have any. what are some other things the kids can get autographed that a. might have more life and b. that isn't hard to carry or autograph. I have been told pillowcases, but think that may be hard to sign?

Help!!

Any other tips for my kids 13, 9, 4 ......

We don't pin trade so no advice there but for the pillowcase autographs you would use a special fabric marker. I've been told the characters will sign anything you aren't wearing at the time of the meet and greet. Some other cool suggestions are tshirts, plain baseball caps, backpacks, or a photo mat (think picture frame you can write on). I read a trip report here on the Dis where someone used a black photo mat with a metallic sharpie marker and it turned out great. Last year we bought the Disney Junior Encyclopedia of Characters and took it to Staples to be made up. They cut the binding and hardcovers off, we cut the dust jacket and laminated it to use as the front and back covers, inserted blank pages opposite the character pages for autographs, and had it spiral bound. We added some extra pages at the end for rare or not included characters. Our girls ask to read it as a bedtime story and each night they both pick a different character's page for me to read. Enjoy your trip!

Pin trading is still a thing. If that is something you want to do I would get the pins and lanyards before I go.

We've taken the same Encyclopedia of Characters and had it signed, adding extra pages or maybe print outs of characters not included is a brilliant idea! It's great for line entertainment. Reading the details, I spy, pop quizzes and page flipping helped fill the time and the autograph meant more to my kids when not just on a blank white page.
Pin trading is still alive and strong. I'd buy some in advance, we've had good luck at Disney Outlets.

We don't pin trade so no advice there but for the pillowcase autographs you would use a special fabric marker. I've been told the characters will sign anything you aren't wearing at the time of the meet and greet. Some other cool suggestions are tshirts, plain baseball caps, backpacks, or a photo mat (think picture frame you can write on). I read a trip report here on the Dis where someone used a black photo mat with a metallic sharpie marker and it turned out great. Last year we bought the Disney Junior Encyclopedia of Characters and took it to Staples to be made up. They cut the binding and hardcovers off, we cut the dust jacket and laminated it to use as the front and back covers, inserted blank pages opposite the character pages for autographs, and had it spiral bound. We added some extra pages at the end for rare or not included characters. Our girls ask to read it as a bedtime story and each night they both pick a different character's page for me to read. Enjoy your trip!

Do you have pictures of the Encyclopedia re-made? This sounds like something my DD would love!

Here are a few of the inside. We used cardstock so the sharpie ink wouldn't bleed through.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    64.9 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    60 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    67.5 KB · Views: 20

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter