Help planning 8:00am AK rope drop!

maryj11

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to plan our AK day. AK opens at 8:00 am.
In the morning we would like to do the Safari, Gorilla Falls Trail, Maharajah Jungle Trail, Everest, Dinosaur, and Tuskers House breakfast at 10:35.
We have a FP for the Safari 8:00-9:00 and a 10:35 Tuskers House reservation.
Is it possible to get all that done by 10:35?
We really don't have to ride Everest in the morning because we have a FP for evening. I have tried to modify it for morning with no luck. I'm guessing that means it will busy that morning since FP's are gone :confused3.I thought if wait times are low we would ride it. What are Everest wait times around 9:30 am?
What order would you go about trying to get these done by breakfast?
We are not going to Pandora in the morning. We plan to go there in the evening and already have FP for FOP. I know I have my FP's all strung out :crazy2: ! I wanted to move them all to morning but that's not going to happen with FOP, along with MDE not working for me for 4 days.

I would go to Everest and dinosaur first.

Then head over to do your safari FP and the. the trails. I think you can do all that in 2.5 hours no problem.
Thanks! So would you head to Dinosaur first then Everest? Do you think we could do the Maharajah Trail after Everest so we don't have to back track to Asia?

Thanks! So would you head to Dinosaur first then Everest? Do you think we could do the Maharajah Trail after Everest so we don't have to back track to Asia?

Only if all you're going to do is walk the trail and not look at anything. I would do as PP said and leave the trails for after your safari so you know how much time you have before your ADR.

Dinosaur is on the way, sort of, to Everest, so I'd do that first.

Only if all you're going to do is walk the trail and not look at anything. I would do as PP said and leave the trails for after your safari so you know how much time you have before your ADR.

Dinosaur is on the way, sort of, to Everest, so I'd do that first.
Okay we will do the trails last. That was what I was thinking about Dinosaur. Not completely on the way but circles to it.

I wouldn't come back to the Asia trail if you are already in Africa. Just hit it later along with extra Everest rides in single rider if everyone is over 7.

I agree with Dino, Everest and then hang out in Africa. Are you going to see the Lion King show? It's awesome! I typically do it after Tusker House.

Since most everyone is heading to Pandora at rope drop the rest of the park remains somewhat empty for the first hour-ish. Almost like an AM EMH. Everest and Dinosaur will be easy to tackle first thing.

I’m not sure what time your evening FP for EE is at but that ride is completely different at night. Totally worth it to go on again.

I wouldn't come back to the Asia trail if you are already in Africa. Just hit it later along with extra Everest rides in single rider if everyone is over 7.

I agree with Dino, Everest and then hang out in Africa. Are you going to see the Lion King show? It's awesome! I typically do it after Tusker House.
Yes we have seen the Lion King show. It's awesome. I'm not sure if we will go this trip yet. My main goal is seeing the animals in the morning with Safari and the trails.

We do a lot of what you are planning except we do a PPO breakfast at Tusker House and hit Kilimanjaro 1st. Remember that 90% of the opening crowd will head to Pandora so for the 1st couple of hours the place is fairly empty and easy to do.

Agree with the others.
Dino, then EE.
Then Safari followed by Gorilla Falls. You could walk back for the other trail.
Another option would be to try and modify the Safari to 8:30 or 8:45. Then you could do dino, EE, Maharajah Trail , then head to Safari and do Gorilla Falls if you have time before Tusker House.

Agree with the others.
Dino, then EE.
Then Safari followed by Gorilla Falls. You could walk back for the other trail.
Another option would be to try and modify the Safari to 8:30 or 8:45. Then you could do dino, EE, Maharajah Trail , then head to Safari and do Gorilla Falls if you have time before Tusker House.
I have tried to modify the Safari but nothing is available until afternoon. I'm afraid the morning is going to be crowded because there are no fastpasses available for Safari or Everest .

I have tried to modify the Safari but nothing is available until afternoon. I'm afraid the morning is going to be crowded because there are no fastpasses available for Safari or Everest .
Keep trying as they do become available.
Good luck.
Worst case, you may have to go back to do the Maharajah trail later in the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter