Help planning for November/December Trip

DVC Grandpa

DVC Member
It was Easter 1983 the last time we visited Disney World over a holiday. We are now planning a trip over Thanksgiving and would like to know how long after Thanksgiving we should stay in order to take in all the special events of that time of year? During our last trip in January and saw the remains of the Christmas decorations and now would like to take part in the festivities. I would like those who have experienced this time of year at Disney, to give me suggestions of how and what to plan on seeing and doing.
Other than accommodations, what reservations we need (if any), and how long before the event can we get reservations (including Cape May’s Thanksgiving Dinner)? Thanks all in advance for your advice and suggestions.

Christmas decorations will go up Wed. night after the park closes and are up Thanksgiving morning. They are beautiful! The Osborne lights at MGM start sometime that week- I think toward the end. Also, Candlelight Processional starts the week of Thanksgiving- maybe Thurs. night. We always see it Friday of that week. That is all I can think of for Thanksgiving week. Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party- an event after MK hours that you buy extra tickets for- usually begins around the first of December. I have never done this as we usually are gone by then, but I have heard wonderful things about it. You need to make reservations for Thanksgiving Day dinner as soon as you can- depending on where you want to eat. Check www.wdwig.com for how far in advance you can make a PS. Good luck in planning and we'll be there too!!

I highly recommend MVMCP, we've gone twice. Last year we did the add-on dinner at Liberty tree--which just let us make resevations there earlier. Candlelight Processional is also on our must do list--we do a dinner package with this, I think they went on sale last year in August. I also enjoyed Epcot's holiday stations--they had areas set up where some holiday traditions from the country are explained, and then they have actors who "tell the story" at various times during the day. The resorts are very beautiful. The crowds are very manageable after Thanksgiving.

We were there for thanksgiving this year! We arrived the Frid before and left the Friday after. All the resorts were close to being decorated. They had their trees up but did not have any extras like the gingerbread or train "stuff".

We had Thanksgiving dinner at Cape May since we stayed at the BCV. It was really great. I don't remember when we made the reservations but it was early! The only christmas thing we did was the Osbourne lights at MGM. We were able to see this on Wed. night.

NCReeding
When does the MVMCP start? How early can you get tickets, at what cost and at what time can you get add-on dinner reservations? Is the candlelight Processional at EPCOT? I hope we can stay long enough to take in all the suggested activities everyone has offered. We have eaten at Cape May and know reservations can be made 120 prior to Thanksgiving. I have that date marked on my calendar. Now to get all the dates lined up. We have our AP so we hope this will get us in early to see the Osbourne lights at MGM. Thanks!

DVC Grandpa: MVMCP starts around 11/30 or 12/1, several nights per week until the week before Christmas. It runs from 7-midnight at MK. I think the costs last year were about $35 per ticket. I bought the tickets in July. I made my LTT reservation in August. MK closes at early on MVMCP nights, so I got our PS at LTT for 6. The ticket also includes a picture of your family, a metal button and hot chocolate and cookies. They let us in to MK at 4:30 using just our MVMCP ticket. Candlelight Processional is at Epcot in the America Garden Pavilion--I believe they have shows at 6 and 8:15, and sometimes one earlier in the day. For the dinner packages: They set the Epcot restaurant up in tiers according to the general costs. You pay for the meal in advance. On the day of your package, you also get 15% off merchandise at the Epcot stores. I think Candlelight begins right after Thanksgiving and continues every night through Dec.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter