Help! Pop up trailer won't go down!

the4moores

Mouseketeer
We were getting our pop up ready for our trip to the Fort in 2 weeks and we can't get it to go down. The back right side won't move when we crank it down. We just had it in to get a check-up. New tires, needed a new master cylinder for the brakes and now this. The guy mentioned that they had a little difficulty getting it down when we picked it up and but now we can't get it to move. I don't know what to do. Any ideas of what the problem could be> It is a Jayco 1207DD model. We can't take it anywhere and a lot of the places are super busy getting ready for the camping season up here in Canada. Any ideas would be appreciated.

You could also try www.popupexplorer.com, the folks there are very helpful and could probably provide more accurate technical diagnosis of the problem.

We had a Jayco, if it is only one of the lifts "sticking" most likely you could push on it, jiggle it, etc to get to go down - on our starcraft it sticks when all the way down but we have to fanagle it to go all the way down so we can button it up. If it sticks in the up position, its probably something similar or the cable is sticking

If the cable was broken, most likely that side wouldn't go up at all so its likely something sticking. Good luck!

Lubricate the crank and pulleys with a heavy grease; preferably a white spray on lubricant. Each corner of the trailer will have a pulley underneath the trailer. That pulley controls the cable that leads in a loop directly above which will raise a square tube to raise the top of the pop up.

Step 2 Use a lubricant and not a spray solvent. Solvents like WD-40 cause lubricants to release from the object. Select a good spray lubricant to lubricate the pulleys and cables. Spray lubricant on each pulley, each cable, the primary cable to which the corner cables are attached, and the crank (or wench).

Step 3 Check the cables for breakage or slippage off track of the pulleys. A broken cable should be replaced with a cable of the same diameter and not patched. Patches have to be pulled through a pulley and will not work. It is like pulling a rope with a knot through a small hole. The rope, or in this case the cable, must be smooth with no breaks or patches from the initial joint at the primary cable to the attach point underneath the trailer

If it stays up for more than 4 hours, contact your physician... at least that's what the commercials always say...

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

:worship:Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! My husband found the pulley where it was not moving and was able to lubricate it and got it working :yay:I also feel a little better knowing that if it happens again we should be able to fix it. Thanks again. And Shan-man your input was good for a stress releaser:rotfl::rotfl:

:worship:Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! My husband found the pulley where it was not moving and was able to lubricate it and got it working :yay:I also feel a little better knowing that if it happens again we should be able to fix it. Thanks again. And Shan-man your input was good for a stress releaser:rotfl::rotfl:

So glad you got it working. We used to have a pop up. Sometimes I miss it. We had a lot of good times using it and it was so easy to tow. We have a 5th wheel now. Took it to Fort Wilderness right after Thanksgiving last year. I used to visit Disney a lot as a teenager. That was my first time staying onsite. The Fort is great and we had a blast. Have a great time!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter