Help! Question Regarding Entertainment Rate

Castillo Mom

DIS Veteran
I was just quoted the rack rate of $219 a night at RPR for August '04. I was told that the Entertainment rates should be out very soon. My question is, do I have to have the Entertainment Book now in order to get the discount, or is it ok to buy it before we leave? Does it have to be an Entertainment Book specifically for the Orlando area, or would the one for my city (Los Angeles) include Loews as well?

I've spent over a year planning the WDW portion of our trip and now need to focus on Universal. Thanks for helping a newbie!:p

You do not need the Entertainment Book to make the reservation. You just need the Ent. Card with you at check-in. You can buy the Ent. Book for your local area, it is not necessary to have the Orlando Ent. Book.

We were at RPR in July and are going back in February. I, too, am waiting for Ent. Rates. Hope they come out soon.

Have fun!

Thank for the info AntMaril! The gentleman I spoke with in RPR reservations said the Entertainment rate should be out in one to two weeks.

Are you positive you don't have to have the Orlando book. My SIL brought me our entertainment book b/c she had to buy them from their school so I have the card. I also have a fan club card. Do I ask for both rates? I already boked a room b/f getting these cards? Will they change the rate?

When in August are you going? We're going to be there then too and I'd just love to meet other DIS members!!!:D

BTW, we're also staying at the RPR!!

You don't have to have the Orlando book because I just used my card from the Toronto, Canada book at Portifino.

Just wanted to second the statement that you don't need the book from Orlando. I ordered an Atlanta book and used the card for my rate at the Hard Rock.

Originally posted by MelindaKiah
When in August are you going? We're going to be there then too and I'd just love to meet other DIS members!!!:D

BTW, we're also staying at the RPR!!

We'll be at WDW from 8/14-8/23 and Universal 8/24-8/26. Our last day at WDW we'll check out of the Beach Club, hang out at one of the parks for the rest of the day and then check in to a cheap hotel near Universal for one night. The next morning we plan on checking in to RPR and hitting IOA. I'm planning on two nights at RPR so we can enjoy one full day at the resort to enjoy the pool.

How many days will you be at RPR?

Just 3 days at Universal....that's all the trip we won will allow!!LOL

Too bad we'll miss ya!!:(

Essmom,
Excuse my lack of info, but could you pls tll me what a Fan Club card is? Does it give better discounts that the Ent. book or the lowes hotel discounts? I'm planning a trip for next August. We, 4 of us, have never been to Universal, and plan to spend 4 nights, hopefully on site. When should I seriously look into an actual booking?
Thanks for the help.

The fan club card is a card that you can request on this board. It gives you discounts on the Universal hotels, tickets and other discounts. Tinkerbarb is great about sending it to you. You can also check with your company (work) to see if they have this program. It is only given to companies and your company would then give it to you.

As far as booking, book whenever you can get a discount. We are all waiting on that and they will hopefully be out in November. When in August are you going? We are planning a trip the first week.

I believe the entertainment rate is a little lower but you HAVE to have the card when you check in .Apparently, the discout rates should be out after Thanksgiving if not sooner for next year-not sure about August. I already booked our room for March and just pray that we can switch to entertainment rate. These boards have a wealth of info!! I just bought our 5 day bonus pass for $81.95-found out about $8 discount on this board. Read posts regularly and you will learn so much!!

Just wanted to add that if you book the fan club rate, you have to have that card at check in too.

One time I saw the Fan Club rate beat APH and Fl Resident by a couple of dollars at only one of the resorts. Entertainment Book is usually the best rate. The Orlando EB has local restaurants like Trattoria del Porto which could save you $16.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter