Help! Reconsidering split stay

maleficent55

DIS Veteran
Was thoroughly convinced that what I booked is what I wanted for sure…

6 nights at POR Riverside in a royal room
Then 4 nights at the Beach Club.

We mainly picked the Beach Club so we can do a pool day with a cabana there. Not even a full day, later afternoon we would head into Epcot for dinner and Harmonious.

Now I’m second guessing everything. This is for November. Will we even want a pool day? Is it worth it for one pool day? Epcot is walking distance but if we were at Riverside we would just take a Lyft…

What’s deterring me now is the dining reservations I want and how the split stay is going to really affect that.

What you seasoned travelers to WDW do??? I’ve never been
Tell me pros and cons…

One pro that stands out is the late hours for deluxe? Worth it?

Moving from resort to resort for a split stay is easy, but you are ‘homeless’ for a few hours, and if you are someone that enjoys an afternoon break in your room that may pose a problem.
When we do split stays, we pack carefully, so that we don’t waste time unpacking and repacking everything. So I suppose that you may not feel settled.
Are you hoping to book particularly hard to get ADRs?

Moving from resort to resort for a split stay is easy, but you are ‘homeless’ for a few hours, and if you are someone that enjoys an afternoon break in your room that may pose a problem.
When we do split stays, we pack carefully, so that we don’t waste time unpacking and repacking everything. So I suppose that you may not feel settled.
Are you hoping to book particularly hard to get ADRs?
I think the three hardest I’m after are

Storybook dining 60+1 or 60+4

Space 220 60+6

CRT 60+2

I can check up to 5 Nov and I had a quick look for you. CRT is available for breakfast tomorrow, so if you don’t get what you want at 60 days keep checking back. Increase the number of people you are looking for and search specific times as well as lunch, dinner etc. Lots of BoG and Ohana showing.

I would keep the split stay. We always do them and prefer it, actually. Nothing can beat being that close to Epcot and the pool is fun at Beach Club. It’s just magical area all around the Boardwalk area. Have a great trip!

I love a split stay for the clean room - especially for a longer trip.

We also like having access to different places - like with Port Orleans, you're close to Disney Springs; with Yacht/Beach, you can walk to Epcot and Hollywood. And we went to the Yacht/Beach pool in January and loved it :)

Certainly getting those hard to get ADRs is a challenge in a split stay. I always make a priority list and place them towards the end of a stay. At your dining window-make those ressies first for your best chances.

Plan on visiting Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom during those first days at POR. Then at BC it is easier to get to Epcot and DHS via boat or skyliner. There are so many great places at Epcot for meals.

For packing, plan your outfits like a toddler so you unpack just what you need like posters above said. When we pack up from the first resort, flip the clothes you have worn to the bottom of the suitcase or pack the dirties in a suitcase. We tend to do laundry during a pool day or down day if staying at a non DVC resort.

Was thoroughly convinced that what I booked is what I wanted for sure…

6 nights at POR Riverside in a royal room
Then 4 nights at the Beach Club.

We mainly picked the Beach Club so we can do a pool day with a cabana there. Not even a full day, later afternoon we would head into Epcot for dinner and Harmonious.

Now I’m second guessing everything. This is for November. Will we even want a pool day? Is it worth it for one pool day? Epcot is walking distance but if we were at Riverside we would just take a Lyft…

What’s deterring me now is the dining reservations I want and how the split stay is going to really affect that.

What you seasoned travelers to WDW do??? I’ve never been
Tell me pros and cons…

One pro that stands out is the late hours for deluxe? Worth it?
Stick with the plan. It’s a great one. Really close to Hollywood and the Boardwalk keeps you in the magic. Stay the course!!
How’s that for reassurance?

They make moving from resort to resort very easy. BUT, you still have to pack and unpack. We now try to avoid split stays.

I thought of a question that I think I just assumed before but now I’m wondering, is your check out day considered your 60+ (Insert number) or 60 if you’re checking into your new resort

I’m not sure how Disney recognizes it. So our first portion is November 12 through the 18th, I assumed the 18th would be 60+6. But if we’re checking into the next resort then maybe it’s just 60 I’m not sure?

Anyone know for sure?

I thought of a question that I think I just assumed before but now I’m wondering, is your check out day considered your 60+ (Insert number) or 60 if you’re checking into your new resort

I’m not sure how Disney recognizes it. So our first portion is November 12 through the 18th, I assumed the 18th would be 60+6. But if we’re checking into the next resort then maybe it’s just 60 I’m not sure?

Anyone know for sure?
18th will be 60 plus 6.

I’d probably keep it. Been multiple times in Nov, weather can be stupid hot, normal warm, stupid cold. No way to know if it will be just right for a pool day unfortunately.

But International Gateway access is amazing. Especially at night for the restaurants in that area of EP. And walking back to BC after harmonious is sooo much nicer than fighting crowds exiting the front for a bus.

Thank you! That they count it really really helps!
18th will be 60 plus 6.
Thank you! That they count it really really helps!
Just remember for your second stay you have a new day 60 on Nov. 18 for you second reservation block at BC. Disney does not really consider Split reservations as anything but 2 separate reservations with 2 distinct 60 day windows.

So you may have a little trouble with your last few reservations since guests that arrived on Nov. 18 with a single 10 day reservation but at a single resort still can snag your Beaches, Lel Cellar, Storybook, and Boma.

They will be able to book them on 60+7, +8, +9 on their ADR schedule. And available for them to reserve on Nov. 12th

Dave

18th will be 60 plus 6.

Just remember for your second stay you have a new day 60 on Nov. 18 for you second reservation block at BC. Disney does not really consider Split reservations as anything but 2 separate reservations with 2 distinct 60 day windows.

So you may have a little trouble with your last few reservations since guests that arrived on Nov. 18 with a single 10 day reservation but at a single resort still can snag your Beaches, Lel Cellar, Storybook, and Boma.

They will be able to book them on 60+7, +8, +9 on their ADR schedule. And available for them to reserve on Nov. 12th

Dave
I’ll be trying for Storybook on Tuesday. It’ll be 60+5

🤞🏼

I would look at the cost difference for the split stay. I wouldn't move primarily for that 1/2 cabana/pool day. If you stay the whole trip at POR, you may have a better chance for your dining reservations - JMO.

Yes it is warm enough to swim in November and our last November trip was unseasonably warm and in the 80s all week. With that said, I would stay at one resort.

We have done a split stay the last two trips. It sucks with dining reservations and we don't like being homeless that day since we are midday break people. We also despise packing and unpacking and we fully unpack when we check in. With two girls we have tons of hair and skin products that can't just live in our suitcase. Even with ziplocks something ends up leaking or oozing or getting wet.

We love BC and I told DD I could do a few days by renting points if we did a split stay and she declined so we are at CSR all trip and very excited! I don't really relax and feel in vacation mode until we get to our second resort so I am very much looking forward to checking in and feeling like vacation has truly started.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter