• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help: Refillable mugs

soccermomof3

Mouseketeer
We are going to be in the world next week staying at POP without dining plan.. I was just told today via chat on Disney site that we are unable to purchase refillable mugs without the dining plan.

Is this true?????

TIA

That doesn't seem to be right. They are included with packages but you can purchase them even if you don't have a package. You can buy them for your length of stay.

Unless something has changed, which at Disney happens, they will be most happy to sell you a mug. They seem to love making money.

I just called and spoke with a live person. At first she told me the same thing, that without a dining plan I could not get the mugs. After asking if there was any possible way to purchase them without the DDP she researched the topic and came back saying that since we are staying onsite with park tickets we could purchase them at the resort.

I am so confused. And still not completely sure if we will be able to get them.

We were just at WDW last week. You can definitely buy them if not on the dining plan. They are a different price based on your length of stay. There was a price tag right beside the mugs that showed how much the cost was. For example, it was one price for three days, one price for your entire length of stay, etc. We were on the dining plan so I didn't pay heed to the prices as it didn't affect us. There would be no need for the price tags if one could only get them on the dining plan because it's included with the dining plan and no additional cost.

I have not heard of a change to the Rapid Refill program. You can get a single cup with a few refills within an hour's time. Or, you can buy a mug with a few days of refills. Or buy a mug with length of stay refills. What you read on that chat is nonsensical. What percent of people at Pop do you suppose are on a Dining Plan? Certainly not 100% Are the other people not supposed to buy and drink beverages? That just doesn't make sense.

As far as I know, yes, you can still get them. But why?! I always thought they were NOT worth the money and would never get them if we didn't get them with free dining.

As far as I know, yes, you can still get them. But why?! I always thought they were NOT worth the money and would never get them if we didn't get them with free dining.

It depends on how many beverages you drink in a day. If the sodas, etc that you drink in a day would cost more than the cost of the mug, they're well worth it.

What the OP was told is absurd, by both CMs. For the refillable mug program, Disney makes their money on the sale of the mugs. There's no requirement to be on the dining plan or staying at a resort, or have tickets. I could walk in off the street and buy a mug, and they'd gladly sell it to me.

I'm staying for 11 days. If they are still $17.99 for length of stay, that's $1.63 per day. I think a fountain drink is $2.99. Even if we had just one drink a day it is definitely worth it for us.

We were at AKL at the end of June WITHOUT the dining plan and purchased refillable mugs with no issue.

We were at POP 5/20-5/28. No Dining Plan - and we purchased 4 mugs. For us it is well worth it - We ate a lot of meals at the food court, several cups of coffee every morning and cold drinks by the pool. :)

Coffee (two cups) in the morning. One soda for the ride to the park. Use the mug all day for water. One soda during midday break from park. One more on the way back to the park for the ADR and nightly entertainment. One more when we return late.

6 drinks per day = WORTH IT!

Kidney stone from too much soda...Not so much worth it!

We were just at WDW last week. You can definitely buy them if not on the dining plan. They are a different price based on your length of stay. There was a price tag right beside the mugs that showed how much the cost was. For example, it was one price for three days, one price for your entire length of stay, etc. We were on the dining plan so I didn't pay heed to the prices as it didn't affect us. There would be no need for the price tags if one could only get them on the dining plan because it's included with the dining plan and no additional cost.

Ditto this. Unlesss something has changed in the last week, you can still buy them without the DDP.

Just was there (6/21-6/25). Yes you can definitely purchase the cup w/o the plan, I did - it was $17.99 for 5 days +, I believe. I had seen a post somewhere w/ a pic of the sign, and can't find it. Individual soft drinks in a disposable cup are $3.19, so I thought the $17.99 was a better "deal" since when it's hot, I can suck down iced tea pretty quickly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter