Help - Scrapbooking challenged!!

Ratpack

WL VET
DVC Gold
I am fairly new to the scrapbooking hobby and was wondering if someone can tell me more on paper piercing and chalking? What exactly are they and how do you do them?

TIA!!

Wow! That's a tall order. I'll do my best to help.

Paper piecing is using differnt colors and shapes of paper to make a bigger picture. I used coloring book pictures as my guides. You just trace the various shapes onto the coordinating colors of cardstock and cut them out. Then, follow your original and adhere the peices together. That is a basic overview. It takes a desire to try and the willingness to keep going or restart if need be. PM me if you would like some more help. I used to teach a paper piecing class.

Chalking is just using chalks on various things to add color and/or create depth. I learned by trying. I think just playing around will give you a good starting place. Then you can look at SB magazines and/or websites to see how people use chalk in various ways.

I'm sorry if that seems confusing! I hope I helped a little. PM me if you need some more info.

Kristin

PS: I have some layouts up on www.twopeasinabucket.com if you would like to see. Follow this link:
http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/userprofile.asp?user_id=98458

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter