Help, so I'm thinking of buying gift cards to pay our trip off

mum of two pirates

This is how I cook
how does that really work? What's the biggest amount I can buy at target. Can you combine them all into one card then use that to pay the balance off? I wouldn't go to the trouble but it's a better deal then using my Disney visa I'm sure. The 5% discover is offering will save me $400 outta the gate jus for rooms and then anouther $100 on my spending money. So $500 worth of extra spending money I'd go through the trouble but don't know how it works? Can someone let me in on the know how. Also is there one kind of Disney first card that will work and one that won't. I remember when my niece was little I bought her a $25 gift card this has been 23 years ago when she went to Disneyland and apparently she can use that gift card everywhere only at like to Disney stores so I don't want to get the wrong kind of gift card to pay for my rooms. And can I do it all online or do I have to do it over the phone?

You can buy any amount the Target store will allow you to buy. It's advisable to not go crazy, just buy a few hundred at a time so you don't raise eyebrows of management. If you ask them if you get 5% off on Disney gift cards they will say no. The register will take 5% at the time you charge/debit your RedCard.

You can combine as many cards you want onto one card with a total value of up to $1,000 using disneygiftcard.com There you can have up to 5 gift cards registered, if you want more registered make another account.

You'll have to check payment options online yourself. Just go in as if you were to make a payment and see if they have a pay with gift card option.

Yes, there is a type of Disney card that doesn't work at resorts- it's the Disney Store gift card. When you go to Target you'll see on the packaging of the gift card they are valid at the stores and resorts (Walt Disney World, Disneyland, etc.) those are what you want. I don't think target even sells the Disney store cards but I always double check the packaging just to be safe.

IF YOU NEED A REFUND FUNDS WILL BE RETURNED TO THE GIFT CARD YOU PAID WITH. Do not throw away the gift card/s you give to Disney for payment. Do keep track of how many payments in what amounts were made on what cards. It is AN ABSOLUTE PAIN if you discard the gift cards attempting to get Disney to issue you a new gift card. No, they won't cut you a check for a refund if you pay with gift cards, refunds are issued in the exact payment form you used.

Thanks anouther poster just pointed out that I could use up to $1500 on my discover card not save up to $1500, not such a great deal to save $75. I might put it on my Disney card just for convenience wise. Thanks again

I have bought a certain amount of gift cards from Kroger/Dillons in the past mainly for shopping. I do it when they have the 4x Fuel points so I can get a great deal on gas too.

You can combine as many cards you want onto one card with a total value of up to $1,000 using disneygiftcard.com There you can have up to 5 gift cards registered, if you want more registered make another account.

@mum of two pirates

As an FYI you can also delete the cards from the DIS GC site and they are still good to use if they have a balance on them. I combined a bunch of cards last night an instead of creating a new account when a card had zero balance on it I deleted it.

Now off to Target to get the remaining GC's I need to pay off my trip tomorrow!!!!!

@mum of two pirates @gottalovepluto

Combined a total of 38 GC's into 4 GC's last night. A couple times when I would go to transfer the balance it would not let me. I had to sign out and sign back in and then had no issues. No real rhyme or reason I could see as sometimes I would get the error after 3 or 4 cards and sometimes 7 or 8.

But on the good side, trip is paid off!!!! By using the GC's that I got from Target, the deal Best Buy has a few weeks ago, and a card I got from my old DVA account I saved 8.31% :D

[QUOTE="Yes, there is a type of Disney card that doesn't work at resorts- it's the Disney Store gift card. When you go to Target you'll see on the packaging of the gift card they are valid at the stores and resorts (Walt Disney World, Disneyland, etc.) those are what you want. I don't think target even sells the Disney store cards but I always double check the packaging just to be safe.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I didn't realize there were two different gift cards! I'm so glad I stumbled on your post!

I used my double cash back bonus credit card at Sam's to purchase $500 gift cards (8 total for $4000.00 in funds) and that cost me $3840.00. Doing these two things saved me just over $236 and I used that to buy more gift cards at Sam's to use on our trip.

I used my double cash back bonus credit card at Sam's to purchase $500 gift cards (8 total for $4000.00 in funds) and that cost me $3840.00. Doing these two things saved me just over $236 and I used that to buy more gift cards at Sam's to use on our trip.

What is a double cash back bonus credit card at Sams club? Is it a reg credit card that gives you 2% when you use it there. We only have Costco here and they don't have Disney gift cards

What is a double cash back bonus credit card at Sams club? Is it a reg credit card that gives you 2% when you use it there. We only have Costco here and they don't have Disney gift cards

No, it is not a Sam's club specific card and can be used anywhere. Sam's takes all credit cards, so I get my CC bonus as well as the discount that Sam's sells the Disney Gift Cards at.

I see thanks, I bought them off of a different sight and saved, then also got points on my Disney card. So I guess that was all good. Thanks again for the reply's

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter