HELP!!! Split stay or leave HOJO?!

MaxnElliesMama

Mouseketeer
HELP!!!

We have reservations at the HOJO; in building one 2 queen room, tomorrow through Saturday.

We are driving from Oregon and left early because of a major snow storm; so will be coming in tonight and HOJO has no space for us; so our options are;

1.) Stay one night somewhere else and keep hojo

2.) Stay at Hyatt Place the entire trip

I cannot decide what to do, I wish HOJO could just take us tonight. :sad1::sad1:

So I just got off with hojo; they can do an older building room for $200 tonight so $800 total stay.

Hyatt is $750 with parking.

I forgot HOJO has $18 rollaway fee per night, so it’s a wash; price wise.

How much further is Hyatt place?

I forgot HOJO has $18 rollaway fee per night, so it’s a wash; price wise.

How much further is Hyatt place?
To the Harbor security point is 0.4mi, 8min walk from Hojo, 0.9mi, 19 min walk from the Hyatt Place per Google Maps.

However, you can walk across the street from the Hyatt to the Toy Story lot and take the shuttle buses (free) as well. I prefer not to deal with the buses but it is an option. I think you may also get breakfast at the Hyatt Place?

EDIT: Looks like you only get breakfast at the Hyatt Place if you are a World of Hyatt member but its easy to sign up if you're not.

Last edited:

I personally would hate to have to switch rooms but it is a very easy walk from the HOJO - I would guess the walk from Hyatt Place to the parks is twice as long as the HOJO to the parks - if you plan to go all day that is one thing but if you want to take a mid day break I'd stick with HOJO.

We booked with HOJO; for a supreme building one fireworks (even though there aren’t Monday fireworks, right?) view room, for tonight.

Convenience is a big deal and being walkable for nap time for our 2 year old is way more enticing than having to bus or walk double.

Thanks guys! :lovestruc

Correct, no fireworks tonight. But your kids may enjoy watching the monorail go by and having a peek of the Matterhorn, Space Mtn etc. which those rooms provide.

HELP!!!

We have reservations at the HOJO; in building one 2 queen room, tomorrow through Saturday.

We are driving from Oregon and left early because of a major snow storm; so will be coming in tonight and HOJO has no space for us; so our options are;

I cannot decide what to do, I wish HOJO could just take us tonight. :sad1::sad1:
Good thing you started early. this is what it looks like right now on the roads
upload_2019-2-25_16-25-17.png
Haven't seen that much RED on Trip Check in a long time.

Safe travels and enjoy your time in the parks

G

Yes!!! It was bad enough yesterday! Took 8 hours to go what usually takes 3; and we were stuck on the closed down interstate for 3 hours: but better than it looks today. LOL
Good thing you started early. this is what it looks like right now on the roads
View attachment 384865
Haven't seen that much RED on Trip Check in a long time.

Safe travels and enjoy your time in the parks

G

So glad you made it ahead of the storm - that looks nasty. I hope your evening at HoJo is great and you have lots of pixie dust this week!

Just left hojo and can tell you they went above and beyond for me. I have nothing but wonderful things to say. The walk wasn’t bad at all. I recommend crossing at Manchester- you avoid the mob at the main crosswalk to Disneyland. If it was a split stay to on property I would say go for it, but otherwise HOJO is awesome.

Yes, I also recommend crossing at Manchester. This way you can cut in towards the park right past the bus stop on Harbor. No need to go all the way down to the stoplight where the hordes are crossing. You will also bypass a good portion of the main security lines if they are backed up toward Harbor as they go down that main walkway. Someone posted not too long ago that they had issues waiting forever for the crosswalk at Manchester and Harbor. We haven't had issues in the past and it sounds like it went ok for you so hopefully they fixed the issue.

We booked with HOJO; for a supreme building one fireworks (even though there aren’t Monday fireworks, right?) view room, for tonight.

Convenience is a big deal and being walkable for nap time for our 2 year old is way more enticing than having to bus or walk double.

Thanks guys! :lovestruc

This time of year they do not have fireworks until the weekend - so Friday will be the earliest night to see Fireworks from your hotel. Enjoy your stay at the HOJO - the renovations in building 1 are quite nice with the larger fridge and remodeled bathrooms.

Yes, I also recommend crossing at Manchester. This way you can cut in towards the park right past the bus stop on Harbor. No need to go all the way down to the stoplight where the hordes are crossing. You will also bypass a good portion of the main security lines if they are backed up toward Harbor as they go down that main walkway. Someone posted not too long ago that they had issues waiting forever for the crosswalk at Manchester and Harbor. We haven't had issues in the past and it sounds like it went ok for you so hopefully they fixed the issue.

That was me, probably.

Our experience in November 2018 was that the button to activate the crosswalk across Harbor toward DLR wasn't always triggering the walk sign. We were always rope dropping, and one morning we walked down to cross with the hordes rather than continue to wait. We never had an issue crossing at Manchester when were coming back to HoJo's from DLR at night.

That was me, probably.

Our experience in November 2018 was that the button to activate the crosswalk across Harbor toward DLR wasn't always triggering the walk sign. We were always rope dropping, and one morning we walked down to cross with the hordes rather than continue to wait. We never had an issue crossing at Manchester when were coming back to HoJo's from DLR at night.

Yep, sometime during the week of Thanksgiving the button to cross Harbor at Manchester from the Hojo side stopped working. I know it worked the first day or two we were there, but then not again for the rest of the trip. The button from the Disneyland side was still activating the walk signal. That was three months ago; I'm certainly hoping that issue has gotten fixed by now.

HELP!!!

Glad to hear it’s working out! I’m in awe that you said you drove from Oregon to Disneyland with a toddler. We’ve driven from the SF Bay Area to Disneyland twice now with a 3 and 5 year old and we’ve decided we’ll fly from now on. The drive is just too long for them and both times one or more has gotten car sick. May I ask how long was the total drive for you guys? I think an issue for us is that we drive in the daytime since I’m not sure I can stay awake driving after midnight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter